The 1884 Group

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tihibk if there are bins outside the stadium, people are even more likely to get them frm there after the match.

How many exit gates are there isn't he South Stand home end? Could you not put a volunteer on each one who could retrieve any flags that anyone 'accidentally' left with at the end of the game?

Hoping the pa announcer and stewards will get involved on Tuesday.

The guy at watford who did this lost 300 flags in the first 8 games. That would wipe out what we have, hopefully that doesn't happen here! ?

The thing is, what did these 300 people do with them afterwards? If they all too them to the next game to wave it wouldn't have been such a noticeable loss. What's the point of owning a flag if it's stuffed in the back of your wardrobe?

Need to ask stadium announcer to give you a bit of notice that the players on back on their way out for second half to give you time to get those flags waving again. 

Love those big flags at the front  - can we have them all round the ground?  

If you are talking about the Black White and Checked Flags we have 6 at the ground and Saturday we had to run round to where Derby were attacking. We have 6 flags and maybe we can get another 3 in to do the other end.

Being sat next to the ball boys you realise how load the South Stand is, my hearing is still shot :D

Whoever the middle aged man shouting abuse at the players from the North Stand shut up, you are a fool 

Joking aside, I'm in the SS and got some confetti, but no sign of any flags near me. I'm right over next to the away fans - was that because the away fans were within tw@tting distance if i'd been left in charge of a large flag pole?

That is correct.

Joking aside, I'm in the SS and got some confetti, but no sign of any flags near me. I'm right over next to the away fans - was that because the away fans were within tw@tting distance if i'd been left in charge of a large flag pole?

That is almost word for word  why, from the club -  yes!!

south stand.jpg

I know the team play mostly in white with some black but I don’t like the white flags looks like Derby are surrendering or waving about a lot of bog roll / kitchen towels.

Make the flags more black but with some white. Also the club should sell replica shirts the exact opposite of the team again more black then white. That way the fans have a true identity of their own rather than just being some blokes in a shirt they never deserve to wear.

Yes, I have and do wear replica shirts but never the same as the team on the pitch that should be earned. The team should be White and Black the fans should be Black and White, the players of the club have an official shirt but also the fans of the club should have an official shirt, same logos, same sponsors but each with its own identity.    

After all as fans, are we not a "black and white army" never heard the fans chant "white and black army".      

I know the team play mostly in white with some black but I don’t like the white flags looks like Derby are surrendering or waving about a lot of bog roll / kitchen towels.

Make the flags more black but with some white. Also the club should sell replica shirts the exact opposite of the team again more black then white. That way the fans have a true identity of their own rather than just being some blokes in a shirt they never deserve to wear.

Yes, I have and do wear replica shirts but never the same as the team on the pitch that should be earned. The team should be White and Black the fans should be Black and White, the players of the club have an official shirt but also the fans of the club should have an official shirt, same logos, same sponsors but each with its own identity.    

After all as fans, are we not a "black and white army" never heard the fans chant "white and black army".      

Thanks for the feedback. The problem we have is that out of the two colours, black just blends in to the crowd, it's the white which is really noticeable. Having said that, its our main colour, we play in white with black trim.

Moving forward we will be getting half and half or chequered flags pre made, rather than handmaking plain ones, so that should stop the "white flag" issue.

That does look good but let's wait till he wins a couple of games first. 

Agree wrt Clement, although it would be a massive sign of support for him!

Would love it with Taylor & Clough, Dave Mackay, or Roy McFarland as a player.

Thanks for the feedback. The problem we have is that out of the two colours, black just blends in to the crowd, it's the white which is really noticeable. Having said that, its our main colour, we play in white with black trim.

Moving forward we will be getting half and half or chequered flags pre made, rather than handmaking plain ones, so that should stop the "white flag" issue.

Just about to say, chequered would be best

Agree wrt Clement, although it would be a massive sign of support for him!

Would love it with Taylor & Clough, Dave Mackay, or Roy McFarland as a player.

Yeh, I'd like it with some current players as well. Although i'd only say that Bryson has earnt a cult status in recent seasons. 

Archived