The 1884 Group

Done my donating. Think you guys will do a lot of good for Derby and the fans, sure there a more successful clubs but at this point in time there can't be many that resonate so much pride in those associated with it.

really nice words there buddy, thank you. It's been quite a week.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

really nice words there buddy, thank you. It's been quite a week.

Well played as well from me mate. Made a disparaging comment earlier in the thread but I have a lot of respect for anybody who actively tries to improve the atmosphere. I will chuck a tenner in when I can be arsed!

Just a quick song suggestion, to the tune of This Sex Is on Fire,                                                                                                Whoa-oh, Chris Martins on fire!                                                                                                                                                   He scor-ores, with Derby desire!                                                                                                                                               ( Whoever else scores  name can be put in as long as it fits the timing .eg Will Hughes is on fire, Benty's on fire,Weimanns Jake Buxton etc, you get the point. 

How can you not have heard of Ramette? 

Proper fit. Don't know what she sees in that prancing bellend. He had that period where he went all bad ass but he's been a right clown before and after 

Nice work 1884. Well played fella. I hope this goes better than previous groups who became isolated pockets. Well played fella. Can't help out unfortunately because I work Friday nights so I'm on my arse on Saturday mornings and early afternoon. 

This club has felt like a real community club for a good few years now. Really makes you love the club so much more when you feel part of it rather than a customer. 

If anyone is planning on donating anything this week, the link is gofundme.com/1884group. As always, any donation welcome and gratefully received.

Will start buying things this week and have found a way to get 400 flags if we cut and paint them ourselves.

needless to say that will need help in a few weeks!

All this talk of Ewie, well we need a new song and here it is, I'm looking forward to singing it at FC Utrecht to get it going.

If the club and fans want an old classic to sing along too, then Bob Dylan is your man and all those nice folk that have covered this song over the years etc.

Anyway get your singing voices ready for the new seaon and I think this would work really well. Sing up...

“Ewe eee ride me high,

Tomorrow’s the day,

My Rams are gonna come,

Ewe eee we’re gonna fly,

Paul’s in the easy chair”

You Ain’t Going Nowhere – I’m Not There Soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo7_QOxvk24

So whats the latest update 1884?

Now the target has been reached and even exceeded. What are the full plans for the first game?

What are you going to purchase? can we get more than 150 flags now there is extra money available?

Could you mock up another photo of what the South Stand might look like come the first game of the season?

If you have already detailed this earlier in the thread, apologies please kindly point me to the page number its on.

PS ill pm you my details for help on match days!

So whats the latest update 1884?

Now the target has been reached and even exceeded. What are the full plans for the first game?

What are you going to purchase? can we get more than 150 flags now there is extra money available?

Could you mock up another photo of what the South Stand might look like come the first game of the season?

If you have already detailed this earlier in the thread, apologies please kindly point me to the page number its on.

PS ill pm you my details for help on match days!

Hi Sam

We have currently raised £1150, roughly 8% of which goes on site fees, meaning we actually receive about £1060.

As this is more than we had planned, we have gone ahead with

100 stickers

160 streamers

1000 balloons

5000 leaflets

10kg of black and white slowfall confetti

We have also taken the plunge and decided to make the flags ourselves by ordering 400m of fire-retardant flag fabric!! This means we should hopefully have enough to make 400 flags!!

So, the increased money raised has gone on bumping up the number of flags, and flagpoles and rivets.

We may well be in need of anyone with a sewing machine who is able to give some time to help sewing the flags if anyone knows anyone.

Everything will be ordered this week, hopefully arrive from Europe in the next 2 weeks and we can then start getting down to work.

We would love it if people kept donating as we can look at things like giant flags, more small flags, card displays, but don't want to annoy people by continually asking for donations. It's a tricky balance to maintain.

Why would you decide to make your own flags without means or knowhow?

We were always going for plain flags for this first game to try and make an impact via volume.

If we'd bought them pre-made we would only have been able to get around 120-160.

By doing them ourselves we can make 400 and get more people involved. 

We have one seamster(?) recruited already and can rivet well, following advice from the group in Watford.

Would have been an easy decision to go for pre-made, but it wouldn't have made as big an impact, and fewer people would be able to feel part of what we're doing. More work this way, but hopefully with a better pay-off.

We were always going for plain flags for this first game to try and make an impact via volume.

If we'd bought them pre-made we would only have been able to get around 120-160.

By doing them ourselves we can make 400 and get more people involved. 

We have one seamster(?) recruited already and can rivet well, following advice from the group in Watford.

Would have been an easy decision to go for pre-made, but it wouldn't have made as big an impact, and fewer people would be able to feel part of what we're doing. More work this way, but hopefully with a better pay-off.

sounds good! The best flags are home made anyways! ;) What design of flags you going for? will there be a variety?

Archived