The Comprehensive List of Linked Players Summer 15

Ambitious

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The definitive list already going down the pan. Where's a Daily/Sunday Telegraph link to us being after Jordan Rhodes? There was a mention in the DET on Sunday, but purely based on an HITC piece which simply requoted a Daily Mail one-liner from last season claiming us, Boro and the trees could bid for him (not very likely given the transfer embargo down the road).

it was me that added it. And it is the DET piece. Dubious or not its still reported in a paper so the link counts.

Think Weimann would be a fantastic signing at this level. Predominantly a striker I believe but I reckon he could play a Russell sort of role. Doesn't score much though. We'd have to see if that changes in this league.

Think Weimann would be a fantastic signing at this level. Predominantly a striker I believe but I reckon he could play a Russell sort of role. Doesn't score much though. We'd have to see if that changes in this league.

Reminds me a lot of Russell ! Very direct! Decent replacement for ward !

​I wrote my piece on him and found out that he's started in EIGHT different positions for Villa this season. I think he's a wide forward, though. I've always liked the look of him, especially if we're looking at him for this level. 

​I wrote my piece on him and found out that he's started in EIGHT different positions for Villa this season. I think he's a wide forward, though. I've always liked the look of him, especially if we're looking at him for this level. 

​Really? Struggling to think of 8 positions they'd realistically position him...

I've always thought he was decent whenever I've seen him play although his goalscoring record is poorer than I thought it would be. I doubt he'd play striker if he came here. Could definitely see him in a Russell role, I expect he'd work out, do his bit defensively and be tireless, but he wouldn't bring the goals a player like Ince would bring. It's a tough one.

​Really? Struggling to think of 8 positions they'd realistically position him...

I've always thought he was decent whenever I've seen him play although his goalscoring record is poorer than I thought it would be. I doubt he'd play striker if he came here. Could definitely see him in a Russell role, I expect he'd work out, do his bit defensively and be tireless, but he wouldn't bring the goals a player like Ince would bring. It's a tough one.

​Left Wide Forward - 9 
Striker - 3
Right Wide Forward - 2
Left Mid - 2
Attack Mid Left - 1
Attack Mid Centre - 1
Centre Mid - 1
Right Mid - 1

Sub - 11

it was me that added it. And it is the DET piece. Dubious or not its still reported in a paper so the link counts.

​It's a totally ridiculous link (built on nothing whatsoever), but I understand that "if it's reported in a paper" you might want to keep it. But why not use DET or some such rather than "Telegraph" which for me means the national paper?

​It's a totally ridiculous link (built on nothing whatsoever), but I understand that "if it's reported in a paper" you might want to keep it. But why not use DET or some such rather than "Telegraph" which for me means the national paper?

​It was in the Telegraph; the national newspaper Telegraph AND the DET. 

​It was in the Telegraph; the national newspaper Telegraph AND the DET. 

​DET often pick up the reports from other titles and re-state them...

Shouldn't this thread be locked, instead of having to click back through all the pages just to get to the 1st page?

​Or people could just stop commenting on it...

(Had a whole gag there that the mods seem to have seen coming)

Archived