SIGNED: Alex Pearce

Cam

Alex Pearce signing prediction  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

​I can't remember what game it was, possibly Brentford away (Im sure someone will have the right match), but Craig Ramage always brings a game up where Eustace was dropped and he mentioned it again last week. Ramage and I'm sure others just found it perplexing that Eustace was dropped and I don't think it was to do with needing a rest.

​I remember near the start of last season SM had Will Hughes at DM rather than a fit Eustace. Bonkers.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​I remember near the start of last season SM had Will Hughes at DM rather than a fit Eustace. Bonkers.

​That was something we learnt even under nigel that Hendrick, Bryson and Hughes does not work as a three because none of them can play DM. Lets hope Thorne is fit for the start of the season and that if Eustace doesn't sign a new deal then we go out and get someone who would be good competition for Thorne and could add some steel to our midfield cough Rohan Ince.

​And Will Hughes had a brilliant game that day in that position.

​Wasted there though, much better further forward. We missed his creativity and it was a closely fought game.

​Yeah mate I see what your point coming from.

Will plays CDM for England, normally controlling the games. His weakness for us is that he doesn't score enough when further forward. Hopefiully this will click next season. His scoring record for the U21s is better than for us, so maybe's better located in a defensive quarterback role, where he seems to have added threat.

Most Premier League teams play with a defensive shield of two midfielders. Is that what Clement will do? Hughes and Thorne would be an amazing pairing.

I'd always hoped Will would be an amazing number 10, playing off a main striker. He's got the skill, but perhaps not the instinct. Whereas that was the perfect spot for the last academy protege, Giles Barnes.

Meanwhile, back to Alex Pearce...

Will plays CDM for England, normally controlling the games. His weakness for us is that he doesn't score enough when further forward. Hopefiully this will click next season. His scoring record for the U21s is better than for us, so maybe's better located in a defensive quarterback role, where he seems to have added threat.

Most Premier League teams play with a defensive shield of two midfielders. Is that what Clement will do? Hughes and Thorne would be an amazing pairing.

I'd always hoped Will would be an amazing number 10, playing off a main striker. He's got the skill, but perhaps not the instinct. Whereas that was the perfect spot for the last academy protege, Giles Barnes.

Meanwhile, back to Alex Pearce...

​Does he really play there? When I've watched he's been much further forward with someone like Forster-Caskey holding

​Does he really play there? When I've watched he's been much further forward with someone like Forster-Caskey holding

​I've always thought that Will plays anywhere and everywhere for England U-21s - basically giving him almost a free role, and letting the opposition worry about him.

We haven't got a CDM other than Thorne. When Thorne was younger he played centre back and that position is really an advanced centre back.....Steve powell could do it, igor could play there, toddy got picked there sometimes.....but its not a job for hughesy. We need at least one depending on whether Thorne is still injured.

we alo lack a midfield boss. Someone who will take the game by the scruff of the neck every single game.

we've got a few who could play off these two, but hughes is the best.

our wide players need to be able to drop deep and have the ability to put their foot on the ball and play in a controlled fashion.

We were too stretched, too open, too full holes last year, all over the pitch.

We haven't got a CDM other than Thorne. When Thorne was younger he played centre back and that position is really an advanced centre back.....Steve powell could do it, igor could play there, toddy got picked there sometimes.....but its not a job for hughesy. We need at least one depending on whether Thorne is still injured.

we alo lack a midfield boss. Someone who will take the game by the scruff of the neck every single game.

we've got a few who could play off these two, but hughes is the best.

our wide players need to be able to drop deep and have the ability to put their foot on the ball and play in a controlled fashion.

We were too stretched, too open, too full holes last year, all over the pitch.

What about Austin from Dirty Leeds I'm sure he's a free agent this summer

​I've always thought that Will plays anywhere and everywhere for England U-21s - basically giving him almost a free role, and letting the opposition worry about him.

​Yeah I have watched him a few times for the u21's and he just seems to wander about to be honest. I am hoping he and loftus-cheek get paired together at this summers tournament. I think that would be a very interesting combo. Although Southgate loves Tom Carroll and he's captain isn't he?

PistoldPete2

Pearce is out of contract dunno if reading even offered him one but liverpool,were said to be interested a couple of years back. 

That's fair enough but I thought out of their season he was about the only decent performer 

​Terrible player; he's wreckless, eratic, unintelligent and nasty. 

Mowatt, Byram and Cook are worth a look, as is Bamba, but past that I'd pass. 

Archived