Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

South Ram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gamboa would be fantastic here. Great all round defender. Only reason why he doesn't get in the west brom team is because he is too small for a tony pulis team

But how would you know that though?

didnt it begin with T? Tejeda or something 

Yeah Yeltsin Tejeda that's just popped up my mind now hahaha.

But how would you know that though?

Yeah Yeltsin Tejeda that's just popped up my mind now hahaha.

Tejeda plays for Evian I think, 23, no idea how good he's supposed to be any more. Probably be a couple of million fee. Seems to have been named after a Russian President so I am suspicious of his parents already.

This will never happen, but I wouldn't mind us signing either Gaku Shibasaki or Takashi Usami. Possibly both based on how they link up together for the Japan national team. They're part of the next generation of players to follow in the footsteps of Kagawa and Honda who have been their best players for a long time now.

Usami had a season on loan at Bayern and although they didn't follow up their interest in him, they obviously saw something in him to give him a try out. He's gone back to Japan and matured as a player since then. Shibasaki is a bit more of an unknown, but based on the matches I saw him play when I was out there last he would add another level of creativity to our game. He's a clever passer, a bit like Kagawa, and his technique is excellent.

They probably wouldn't move away from Japan to play second tier anywhere, but they will definitely come to Europe and become big names at some point in their careers.

The problem we're all having really, to do with this "big" signing, is the definition of a "big" signing. 

I know a couple of people who seem to be ITK, who use the phrase. Nixon uses the phrase. Mel Morris apparently referred to it as a "wow" signing. But I've no idea what level of player constitutes those sorts of adjectives for a promotion chasing championship side. 

One of the better players of our rivals? (I'd argue Ince was that so in that case I'd say these descriptions are unfairly hyping the whole thing), A player good enough to play in a premiership team such as West Ham, Stoke, WBA? A player good enough to play for a top team? A player who already plays for a top team but maybe isn't getting games? I've no idea. My suspicion is that this will all peter out before we even get a whisper of who this player actually is, but I am utterly intrigued as to who it is and just how wow'ed I will be if it does happen.

I was there, and I don't recall Mel saying it was a wow signing, just someone who was as good as our best player, and it would involve a fee, hadn't played for us previously and hadn't been linked at the time. 

I was there, and I don't recall Mel saying it was a wow signing, just someone who was as good as our best player, and it would involve a fee, hadn't played for us previously and hadn't been linked at the time. 

You have a good memory I would say, especially considering you were probably giddy with the excitement of the visit. Not that any of us non-Elite have heard much about it :lol:

You have a good memory I would say, especially considering you were probably giddy with the excitement of the visit. Not that any of us non-Elite have heard much about it :lol:

From his description I'd assume it was Bridcutt, I'd be happy with that as I think he's a very good player at this level.

Hmm I was there too and he did indicate some wowness. He said say not a former player and no-one we'd been linked too and would be better than or as good as out best players. He said 'you will know who I mean if we sign him'. 

I don't tally that with Bridcutt. 

Hmm I was there too and he did indicate some wowness. He said say not a former player and no-one we'd been linked too and would be better than or as good as out best players. He said 'you will know who I mean if we sign him'. 

I don't tally that with Bridcutt. 

Funny how we interpret things differently, as soon as we were linked with Bridcutt I assumed he was the one. 

Do you think we'll break our transfer fee again before the window shuts, Sage?

Funny how we interpret things differently, as soon as we were linked with Bridcutt I assumed he was the one. 

Sage, SAGE. Wake the feck up! Do you think we'll break our transfer fee again before the window shuts?

Where has my Tardis gone? 

Maybe reading into this too much but this 'big' player strikes me as a winger. MM has said he wants a player with 'wowness' and last night he said he wanted a player with pace (both big attributes of a winger). If that's the case then possibly someone like hoillett, Jarvis or maybe even januzaj at man utd? 

Archived