Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

South Ram

I would also have a look at Omar Rowe, 20 yrs just been released from Southampton, He did really well last season for their U-21s (I think) and looks promising. I think it's worth a shot considering how good their academy is! 

I like him too but wether he would be good enough for us is debatable, if he went somewhere like Rotherham for a season or 2 and played regularly then he could be class

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my humble opinion.... as long as no first team regulars leave.... we need a centre back, right back, holding midfielder, winger/playmaker, and striker.

Centre back = shackell

Right back = wisdom

Holding midfielder = bridcutt

Winger/playmaker = the mysterious new record transfer we been linked with after ince

Striker = solanke (loan)

Let shotton warnock (promote lowe to cover lbk) sammon leave.

In my humble opinion.... as long as no first team regulars leave.... we need a centre back, right back, holding midfielder, winger/playmaker, and striker.

Centre back = shackell

Right back = wisdom

Holding midfielder = bridcutt

Winger/playmaker = the mysterious new record transfer we been linked with after ince

Striker = solanke (loan)

Let shotton warnock (promote lowe to cover lbk) sammon leave.

If we sign these players then I'll be pretty confident that we will get promoted

Those suggestions would seem extreme and people may say cant afford all without any1 leaving etc.... but i read somewhere that even with the big signing and shackell, we would still be financially sound and wouldn't need to sell anyone at all. So its just bridcutt and wisdom plus a loan on top of that.... max that would be is 5m.... and we as i suggested would be freeing up wages from 3 players.

PistoldPete2

Any chance of Ross McCormack? I know we're not short of forward options now but if we are splashing the cash is he a candidate? 

As much as having Wisdom and Shackell back would be great, I really don't think they are needed for promotion. 

We don't need world-beaters in every position in the team, Pearce and Keogh would do just fine in the Championship with Bucko and Albentosa as back-up.

I'm also pretty sure that Chris Baird was bought in to play at RB considering we look to be signing Bridcutt as our second CDM. 

As much as having Wisdom and Shackell back would be great, I really don't think they are needed for promotion. 

We don't need world-beaters in every position in the team, Pearce and Keogh would do just fine in the Championship with Bucko and Albentosa as back-up.

I'm also pretty sure that Chris Baird was bought in to play at RB considering we look to be signing Bridcutt as our second CDM. 

He is.

Though just having a thought..

Steve N says that Bridcutt isn't a target.. Though he is a holding midfielder..
LuaLua is a new name that no-one seems to believe.. A Brighton player..

Does that point towards Rohan Ince?

would this be a record signing though?

I do wonder how many of you lot watch proper football - I mean the actual game, not a simulated version on a computer screen.

Lua Lua is pretty much a one trick pony - he's fecking quick.  He does a lot of step over stuff, but is a bit hit and miss at it.  His main problem is when he does beat his man, he is more interested in trying to do it again, rather than scoring or creating a goalscoring opportunity for someone else.  Think he has scored about 6 goals in c80 games.

Cannot think the club are interested in him at all based on the sensible signings made this close season, but if they were his value is IMO c£500/£750k. 

Archived