Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

South Ram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a suggestion -

Wes Foderingham as a backup for Grant.

Maybe Joe Bryan as another option to compete with Forsyth.

Shackell and Dunk (or atleast one). 

Karacan available on a free - can hold the midfield (Good option off the bench?) Especially if Thorne gets injured again.

Sign Jota and Gudmundsson, to develop some Derby County-owned younger wingers. 

Sign Bent. We might need some loans on top but I think that's a financially viable, strong outfit!

Just a suggestion -

Wes Foderingham as a backup for Grant.

Maybe Joe Bryan as another option to compete with Forsyth.

Shackell and Dunk (or atleast one). 

Karacan available on a free - can hold the midfield (Good option off the bench?) Especially if Thorne gets injured again.

Sign Jota and Gudmundsson, to develop some Derby County-owned younger wingers. 

Sign Bent. We might need some loans on top but I think that's a financially viable, strong outfit!

Shirley we should sign players who are better than what we have, rather than buy understudies to duffers?

Shirley we should sign players who are better than what we have, rather than buy understudies to duffers?

I'd argue it provides strength at the back and a stronger spine for the squad. Admittedly, I agree we should be buying better players than what we have but we can't afford that in every position - I tried to be realistic. Who would you sign?

Hows about Kim Bo-Kyung from Wigan? Released on a free and by all accounts had a pretty decent game against us.

​Looked a good player everytime iv seen him. I wouldn't say he would be first team class but a good squad player on a free.

Bournemouth are currently trying to sign Trippier so maybe Francis could be available? We had 2 bids rejected at the start of the season and he was one of the best right backs in the league this season, so who knows .... we might go back in for him

I'd argue it provides strength at the back and a stronger spine for the squad. Admittedly, I agree we should be buying better players than what we have but we can't afford that in every position - I tried to be realistic. Who would you sign?

I don't know because its not just a manner of identifying credible targets, they have to be available and within our overall budget.

i would like a new keeper. Federici and bogdan are available, altho Bettinelli appeals to me at the mo...he could be available at the right price.

right back has me stumped at the moment. I'd love christie to settle down and rediscover that early season form. I think schteve knocked his confidence by dropping him for forest away, but he ought to be bit of a stronger character than that. Theres no indication that wisdom is available. Byram is out of our league.....still thinking.

Garbutt may be available but probably will have better options. Obita is decent but is under contract for 2 years....there's a young australian left-back - alex gersbach - who might be good for the u21s but i assume we wouldn't get a work permit unless we sneak him in illegally - hey.....we've done it before.Mings will be out of reach.  reece james could be an option.

we could play rawson and keogh or buxton and rawson. Shotton has all the attributes to be a good player except for whats between his ears. Albentosa i hope will come good but is more likely to be an inexplicable dud. I like shackell - i'd be happy if he came back. I think dunk is linked simply because he's available - same as Forde - same as Karacan, same as Forster-caskey. Thats all i've got room to post atm.

Interesting to see the pre-season matches announced so early and the fact the Rams are off to play 2 teams in Holland, one being FC Zwolle who is now a free agent from this club. We do have a habit of playing matches against teams we have recently signed players from. What are your thoughts on a possible signing of this Czech international ?

Archived