I told you so

Cisse

In November after I was there for two games I wrote here that our defenders aren't good enough to get us up but since we hadn't conceded so much at that point I was considered wrong. The German CB would have done the trick. :D

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May aswell make this the thread for all those non-fans here for the amusement of watching us fall at the final hurdle.

@ValleyRam, @mcsilks. The stage is set for you here guys.

​ We fell a long way before the final hurdle.

In November after I was there for two games I wrote here that our defenders aren't good enough to get us up but since we hadn't conceded so much at that point I was considered wrong. The German CB would have done the trick. :D

Not the defence today...all over poor team work. Unable to keep possession and momentum.

and it has been general poor play that has been issue for weeks......simply we were unable to play with Martin, and to a large extent Eustace/Omar

an incredible collapse......and personally I feel McClaren has to go, and he will undoubtedly go. Timeline of his departure will be interesting..hopefully happens quickly so club can rest, recover and come back fresh....this collapse will take some getting over for sure

It is very dissapointing after we were so high so long but I have thought all along that our defenders are not good enough to get us up. We have star scorers and midfielders but not defenders.

Hopefully the next season will be better in that department too.

​Good for you. I couldn't be more pleased for you.

All I need to know now is that you had a big bet on us not going up.

​Good for you. I couldn't be more pleased for you.

All I need to know now is that you had a big bet on us not going up.

​On principle I don't make big bets. I did win a small bet though.

3 poor goals again defensively. SM tactics handed midfield to reading. Good luck in the north east. 

I'd agree with you regarding the 3 poor goals defensively.

as for tactics? 

Brian clough apparently said that players lose you games, not tactics.

i think today he was right.

(Altho we didn't seem prepared, briefed or motivated either)

I'd agree with you regarding the 3 poor goals defensively.

as for tactics? 

Brian clough apparently said that players lose you games, not tactics.

i think today he was right.

(Altho we didn't seem prepared, briefed or motivated either)

Why do we have managers and tactics then? 

Filled the middle with 'creative' players. Not one ball winner. Every team needs one. 

Why do we have managers and tactics then? 

Filled the middle with 'creative' players. Not one ball winner. Every team needs one. 

He picked  warnock - which seemed a bizarre experiment - but who else was there?

hanson?

This forum had been opining a few weeks ago that Warnock could in an emergency be the CDM as he had done some work there previously.

So that was not as obviously bizarre as suddenly going 4-4-2 and serving up a second half that took us back to the darkest days of struggle under Cloughie.

Shocking, simply shocking.

A lot of teams play with 2 DMs, Boro for example. We play with 0.

We also have 3 forwards (when bent is in ahead of martin) who dont defend from the front.

Whilst we continue to work less hard than every other side bar blackpool without the ball, then we aill always concede even if we had terry and ferdinand in defence!!!!

Dont blaime Keogh for eveything.

In dire need of a player who can play left side of central defense though. neither albentosa or shotton look good there.

Archived