Derby County vs Reading

Carl Sagan

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologies to the forum. Taking on the match threads, I genuinely thought I would lead us on to promotion.

A season of what might have beens. A good interview from Chris Martin on Sky at the end. Can't think why but I sense the forum will be a grim place over the next few weeks, so I shall try and stay away and leave the "I told you we weren't good enough" bunch to enjoy their misery and their miserable lives.

My hope is that McClaren stays, that George Thorne and Chris Martin are fit and raring to go for the new season, that Rawson's as good as some of us hope and that we sign Tom Ince and go again to grab automatic promotion next season (always looking to pass forward rather than backwards).

Come on you Rams!

F*** off to Newcastle you traitor ?

Only just got the results and to be truthful (and I wouldn't get away with saying this one my own club forum) I am sorry that Derby were unable to make the play-offs today.    There is nothing disingenuous about that statement, I can appreciate the hurt you must be feeling.     I'd feel bad for any club - Norwich aside - to miss out at the very end and after such a very long season.

A number of people on our site were more focused on the fact that Reading had a win today - instead of perhaps a more relevant observation that we had a  1 - 3  loss at Blackburn - but guess we'll take entry into the top six no matter which manner it arrives.

We play Norwich of all people in the play-offs now and to be honest I'm not feeling too confident.    They say it's a derby game and anything can occur but they're clearly a better team than us right now and should start as favorites.

Say again - and without any hint of false sense - I was sorry you couldn't make it today.    We know all about missed opportunity and it's a first time since 2005 that we'll be involved so it's about damn time we were awarded another chance, but being realistic - and on the evidence of today alone - I don't know if we can win two games and then the final itself.

Truly awful display. A relegation performance. We now have three scenarios for next season:- 1) a relegation fighting outfit; 2) a return to the Clough era of mid table obscurity or 3) promotion chasing. 

We we all want the third option and who knows with a possible change of manager and transfers in and out. Must keep the faith!

Truly awful display. A relegation performance. We now have three scenarios for next season:- 1) a relegation fighting outfit; 2) a return to the Clough era of mid table obscurity or 3) promotion chasing. 

We we all want the third option and who knows with a possible change of manager and transfers in and out. Must keep the faith!

​Just the three?

No Sh8t Sherlock

​Just the three?

No Sh8t Sherlock

​I'd be much, much more worried if i were you tiger!, FFP means you wont get to overhaul your squad much and you've just given DDDDOOOOOOOGGGIIIEEE free reign next season, enjoy the bottom 3!

A real wet lettuce of a performance, enough said move on.

Sorry to say I had my flip flops & sombrero on by half time bring on the heatwaves at least I can enjoy the rest of the summer in relative peace.

See you in 3 months. COYR.

Sith Happens

Awful performance, team didnt look up for it. Bad pass  by hughes but even still we should have defended it, both albentosa and keogh made to look stupid.

Bents body language all wrong for penno....bad defending 2nd goal, grant lucky not to get sent off.....

Cold too....KFC was awful today too.....ah well...out for 20th wedding anniversary tonight, got to be an improvement on the day so far.

A team full of botte jobs who clearly weren't playing for the shirt today. I've seen some bad defenders play for Derby but how ryan shotton makes a living playing football is beyond me. Idon't know what's gone on but mcclaren has bought the majority of what's happened this season on himself. a clear out is a must. 

Today was truly woeful but to be honest it was all very predictable and the points we have lost in games such as Millwall, Wolves, Birmingham, Huddersfield etc is what did it for us. However I am not as optimistic about next season as some appear to be as 12 points from 39 is certain relegation form and unless we start next season very differently expectations will have to be lowered and just staying in the Championship may become an objective.This season has been one of failure and some very significant changes will need to be made to move us on from where we are now the management situation included

Archived