Derby County vs Reading

Carl Sagan

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Struggling why Keogh slid in for their first goal, he did the same 3 more times... The Board slightly backed us by we a few Billionaires on the board we didn't spend much.. Turning points IBE back to Liverpool and George when after 2 wins we went top and then blew up. The second goal what did Shotton do and a very fine save to deny Bent the penalty.

To play like that without any skill or passion in a match as important as this one against a side with nothing to play for (not won in 9) was a disgrace.

I am ashamed to be a Derby fan.

I'll still be here next season though..unlike most of that "team".

First of all I hope mclaren stays, but he got it wrong today.  Should not have started warnock, put us on the back foot from the start.  Then bringing Martin on looked like a desperation decision, given the state he looked in.  

Not much to say other than not good enough. Pundits, fans, whoever may say we've been in the play offs since September, but we've finished 8th and haven't deserved to finish any higher.

The season is 46 games. To get 2 wins from something like 14 games in a 46 game season isn't good enough for the play offs and its proved that way.

Boo Hoo !!!! You'll have to play the Tricky Trees again next year after all !!! Well done Reading, nowt to play for and hammered Derby, what a great Sat afternoon !!!!!!!!!!!!

A great Saturday afternoon?

You lost at home to Cardiff did you not?

Boo Hoo !!!! You'll have to play the Tricky Trees again next year after all !!! Well done Reading, nowt to play for and hammered Derby, what a great Sat afternoon !!!!!!!!!!!!

​You are an ostrich and I claim my £5.

If ever an illustration were required of the importance, the absolute central importance, of confidence and self-belief, it has been the last 3 months.  We suffered a few jolts - and that is all they were (SM being linked with Newcastle, Ibe returning to Liverpool, the Martin & Bent hamstrings.......) - and we fell apart.

That is when a manager really earns his wage - to instil self-belief, steely determination and a desire to win, even against the odds.

We lost our confidence, the team were frightened and couldn't string two passes together.

Let's try to forget this year and go again next year.  I not fussed if it's under Steve Mc or Warburton or anyone else - just that we have someone who can create a team that believes it can win every game it plays.

Apologies to the forum. Taking on the match threads, I genuinely thought I would lead us on to promotion.

A season of what might have beens. A good interview from Chris Martin on Sky at the end. Can't think why but I sense the forum will be a grim place over the next few weeks, so I shall try and stay away and leave the "I told you we weren't good enough" bunch to enjoy their misery and their miserable lives.

My hope is that McClaren stays, that George Thorne and Chris Martin are fit and raring to go for the new season, that Rawson's as good as some of us hope and that we sign Tom Ince and go again to grab automatic promotion next season (always looking to pass forward rather than backwards).

Come on you Rams!

Archived