Signed: Tom Ince

North_Stand_Ram

Tom Ince prediction   

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nixon now claims Derby are 'being strung along' and when asked whether Ince would be a Derby player by the end of the week replied, 'Derby think so, I'm not so sure.' He was certain he would join this time last week, wonder what's changed

Bullpoo. I literally can't see how Hull can string us along, unless they're not answering their e-mails or phone calls.

The only team dragging this out is us trying to get a better deal for ourselves. We could turn to Hull right now, say "here's 4.75m" and he's ours. They've shot themselves in the foot with this clause in the loan deal and, as a result, they don't have any kind of bargaining power once that fee is met.

Is this true?

Cos he has only got a year left on his deal so theres not a chance that Hull will loan him out again mate. Surely?

No.

Derby are only trying to sign Ince on loan again according tonights BBC sport

Can't see that being true...

If he were to stay at Hull, they would play him. Also, as Mackworth said, with only a year left on his contract, why loan him out to us to then move here on a free?

Bullpoo. I literally can't see how Hull can string us along, unless they're not answering their e-mails or phone calls.

The only team dragging this out is us trying to get a better deal for ourselves. We could turn to Hull right now, say "here's 4.75m" and he's ours. They've shot themselves in the foot with this clause in the loan deal and, as a result, they don't have any kind of bargaining power once that fee is met.

spot on .. I reckon this is horse trading .. 4.75m is a significant sum at this level. Tom is a cracking player and would be an asset but my guess is wise heads are saying what else could you get overseas for this money or more to the point, the price needs to be 2.5/3.5 

Think Ovis confused himself on that one :lol:

A loan makes no sense anyway. The only confusion at the minute I can see is the alleged figure we have to pay upfront, I've seen it range from £3.5- 6 million in the space of only a few days. I can almost guarantee as well that the figure will be undisclosed so we'll never find out...

spot on .. I reckon this is horse trading .. 4.75m is a significant sum at this level. Tom is a cracking player and would be an asset but my guess is wise heads are saying what else could you get overseas for this money or more to the point, the price needs to be 2.5/3.5 

Any player that comes from overseas will be completely untested at this level though. And, when you're gambling it all on getting promoted, that's just too much of a risk.

Tom Ince is just about the most proven player in his position in this league. Tore it up at Blackpool and carried us offensively (along with Bent) when we were struggling most. I'd just pay the fee, to be honest. We're obviously okay with the price come the final fee.

Nixon now claims Derby are 'being strung along' and when asked whether Ince would be a Derby player by the end of the week replied, 'Derby think so, I'm not so sure.' He was certain he would join this time last week, wonder what's changed

I'm not worrying about it any more. It's impossible for any of us to know what's happening up to the point something gets announced and now the people who claim to be #ITK who we rely to have some level of knowledge about what's happening haven't got a clue either.

Just going to wait. He'll either be announced as a Hull player, Derby player or someone else's player by Monday. They're not going to take a player with an uncertain future to Portugal I don't think.

@reluctantnicko: @DannyCooke1998 @Harry_Manz @DCFCJonnyMonty @ScottGretton I am told tomorrow will be D-Day.

Typical Nixon.

71 years late.

Archived