Dawkins finally given a chance in a central role.

ChaddesdenRam

​Really? Hendrick has it in him but his lack of development is getting a bit concerning. Dawkins is twice the player.

Really?  I think the combination of those three brings the best out of them. What would you suggest oh bearded Scottish hipster? 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really?  I think the combination of those three brings the best out of them. What would you suggest oh bearded Scottish hipster? 

​I shaved actually, so no more beard. Thorne in holding midfield, Dawkins and Hughes in front of him to run the show. 

​I shaved actually, so no more beard. Thorne in holding midfield, Dawkins and Hughes in front of him to run the show. 

Not doubting Dawks ability in the central role, when you have two excellent passers of the ball in Hughes and Thorne, you would need that extra runner to support the striker, and I think that's when Hendrick is at his best. 

Funny both himself and Bryson have gone on the record in recent interviews that they are either being played out of position or asked to do something different to last season. 

He always looked more comfortable when he was playing central.

played well in midweek. Surprised he was dropped.

he could yet be the key man.

​If they were playing with a front three of Ince Bent and Russell then I'd say the two banks of three would compliment each other well. The only issue would be the physicality, however the opposition would have to work really hard to get the ball off  them.

​Surely replacing Bent with Martin would solve the physicality problem? Martin is better at keeping the ball then Bent is, as well.

When our defence is as dodgy as it is, we've got to play keep ball. Would like to see that midfield three a lot next season. Neither Bryson nor Hendrick are good or consistent enough to justify first-team selection.

Biggest problem I have with Hendrick is his passing in general is awful. For a DM midfielder today, it was criminal how he managed just 70% - lower than Darren Bent for crying out loud.

As for Dawkins, as has been mentioned above - his attributes suit a central midfiedler, though much better in a three I'd imagine than a two.

Pleased he managed to get a goal and an assist, but I just wish people stop picking on the things he can't do and instead praise the things he can do.

We all know he's not a flying winger who looks to beat his man at every opportunity, so why people have criticised him for not doing this is highly unfair.

I mean, we don't ever criticise Martin for not stretching the defence by running in behind or picking the ball up in wide areas and running at defenders - because it's evidently not his game.

Also can people ready to pounce please put the knives away . You just know the moment Dawks has a mediocre game his haters will be on here like a rash telling everyone how he's not a decent CM or how he only does it against lesser teams.

​Surely replacing Bent with Martin would solve the physicality problem? Martin is better at keeping the ball then Bent is, as well.

When our defence is as dodgy as it is, we've got to play keep ball. Would like to see that midfield three a lot next season. Neither Bryson nor Hendrick are good or consistent enough to justify first-team selection.

​Your right, yes I meant to say Martin for Bent.

What is all of this talk that thorne,hughes and dawkins won't work. How do you know because you haven't seen it. Rather see them all have the chance than watching 2 average midfielders hendrick and brysonThe greatest club side in football history didn't have a physical midfielder, did that stop them? No.

What is all of this talk that thorne,hughes and dawkins won't work. How do you know because you haven't seen it. Rather see them all have the chance than watching 2 average midfielders hendrick and brysonThe greatest club side in football history didn't have a physical midfielder, did that stop them? No.

Just out of interest who are you referring to as the greatest club side in history?  I can't think of one without a physical midfielder.

What is all of this talk that thorne,hughes and dawkins won't work. How do you know because you haven't seen it. Rather see them all have the chance than watching 2 average midfielders hendrick and bryson The greatest club side in football history didn't have a physical midfielder, did that stop them? No.

​Bloody well did.

Bruce Rioch was awesome in that role.

​But admittedly La Liga is far less physical than the Championship, I still think that a trio of Hughes, Dawkins and Thorne would work well though.

Don't understand what people mean by physical it is very general. Teams can't be physical if they don't have the ball and can't get close to their man as barca proved against man utd in both champions league finals

Don't understand what people mean by physical it is very general. Teams can't be physical if they don't have the ball and can't get close to their man as barca proved against man utd in both champions league finals

​Generally more rough play, harder tackles, more bullying of defenders the strength of a player being very important as he will be bullied a lot by the opposition etc. There is usually a lot more grit and determination than there is in other leagues. When we played Chelsea this season I think it showed the difference between the the two leagues, we played very well as Chelsea gave us a lot more space, Mascarell played one of his best games for us, but he had some hit and miss games for us playing in the champ as he wasn't the best player in terms of physicallity, I know he was played out of position, but there were a few times he was easily bullied off the ball.

Archived