Pants

Day

Let's talk about pants, who wears them and why?

I'm not talking about pants as in trousers, pants as in pants pants. 

I've started going to the gym recently and I found wearing boxer shorts limiting my leg movement during certain exercises, "wear pants" my mate said. I've not worn pants since hitting puberty, I love the freedom, the air flow that boxers provide.

Reluctantly I bought a couple of pairs to try, put them on and the missus was in fits of tears, not at my small package! just the way I looked in them, I had to agree and whilst I know they would only be worn at the gym I felt a right tit.

At the gym in my pants and it was horrendous, so sweaty down there it was unbearable, sly comments from the missus every 10 minutes, so hows the pants? 

I've now replaced the pants with a pair of those compression short thingys all these footballers wear these days, wonderful they are but let's not go off topic here.

In the changing room after and this can't just be my gym but old men, the ones that stand there in the changing room starkers having a chat about horse racing with a towel over the shoulder. Well this day I happened to spot 2 of these nudist post horse chant wearing pants as they got changed into suits, now they might have forgot their boxers but I have my doubts....they were pant wearers 24/7.

We must have some pant wearers on here, can you explain your choice of underwear and why you opt for these uncomfortable sweat containers over a nice open free air flowing pair of boxer shorts that women prefer to see us in?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By boxers I assume you mean the baggy cotton ones, rather than the jersey ones?. I used to wear them as a twenty-something but found they gave a bit too much freedom & the scrunched up cotton baggyness sometimes wasn't the best.

Now I only wear Calvin Klein trunks. Having resisted forking out for them for years,  my missus bought me a pair last year and I realised just how good & comfy they are. She seems to lust after me in them & they're supportive at the gym as well.

Having said that, going commando is good sometimes too.

Technically you are correct, boxers are cotton and trunks are jersey, I'm a Calvin wearer of the jersey type after seeing Justin Bieber advertise them, I find them restrictive still, maybe I need to stop kidding myself and buy a bigger size up :ph34r:

Has to be commando when working out for me. I'm an incredibly profuse sweater and underwear really isn't comfortable when it's dripping wet.

Day to day, off brand trunks because do you really get 4-5x the quality with CK or whatever other designer?

Hate thosepants with no fly. Nearly come unstuck once of twice and you have to undo your trousers to get at the damn thing

Can we have a stock google image to represent what you mean for each kind? I'm not really sure what you mean

Loose cotton boxers are incredible until you have to put trousers on, then they're unbearable. 

Archived