Bamford and Callum Wilson pull out of Under 21 Squad

Ahjames08

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its the reason England will not make even a Semi-Final in our life time. Well, mine and Boycie's anyway.

Young kids can't get a game for the top Prem teams unless they're foreign. 

If they do get games or sent out on loan, then they're not allowed to play for the Under 21's in case they are needed. I suppose Chelsea and Man City could argue they might need squad players to maintain their Champions League stature, but Middlesbrough and Bournemouth? Really?

When two clubs with a combined support of Stoke City think themselves more important than England then we may as well give up.

Am I the only one who remembers the seventies?

England shot themselves in both feet, and possibly elsewhere.

The great, the magnificent, the incredible legend, Colin Todd, had played constantly to the point of total exhaustion for Derby County. He was 'invited' to play a game for England but turned it down on the grounds that he was too exhausted to do the honour full justice.

For this flagrant example of honesty the FA in their wisdom banned him from playing any international for two years.

Admittedly this was the same FA that chose  Greenwood over Brian Clough to succeed Revie in the England job.

How some things change!

Plus ça change!

Archived