El Crapico

Day

I'm a fanman if that's what you want to call me for enjoying the Premier League, just happens to be the best league in the world, guess you could call me a glory supporter as well if you wanted, not sure what happened to just being called a football fan tho?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​In what way is it the best in the world? The uefa coefficient shows that the spanish league is the best. The premier league is so great that there are no teams left in european competitions right? Even Gary Neville, Sky's poster boy, said that spain is superior.

Premier League is a domestic league not a European competition. Gary Neville is a turnip.

Cup competitions are not a measure of how good a league is or teams are.

A league is more tougher than a couple of teams in a competition where you are in groups, the luck of a draw.

3 Top clubs are Bayern, Real and Barca. Beyond them the Bundesliga has Dortmund and La Liga Atletico. Not much more after that.

A super league, with the top 5 clubs, whilst I doubt currently any English club would win it they would average the highest league positions. 

The Premier League is more competitive throughout which makes it more entertaining to watch. I will agree they don't have the best clubs in the world right now as I've already said but a league is more than a couple of teams.

Theres a reason why the Premier League is the most watched and broadcast league round the world and it's not because La Liga and Bundesliga have crap marketing teams.

Cup competitions are not a measure of how good a league is or teams are.

A league is more tougher than a couple of teams in a competition where you are in groups, the luck of a draw.

3 Top clubs are Bayern, Real and Barca. Beyond them the Bundesliga has Dortmund and La Liga Atletico. Not much more after that.

A super league, with the top 5 clubs, whilst I doubt currently any English club would win it they would average the highest league positions. 

The Premier League is more competitive throughout which makes it more entertaining to watch. I will agree they don't have the best clubs in the world right now as I've already said but a league is more than a couple of teams.

Theres a reason why the Premier League is the most watched and broadcast league round the world and it's not because La Liga and Bundesliga have crap marketing teams.

the co-effiecient is based upon how teams from each country perform in European competition. Therefore you're comparing only the top 6 or 7 of the main 4 leagues in Europe, given that Barcelona and the madrid teams raise the average, you cannot say the Spanish league is better. 

My belief is that the German league is the best, but I like the German methodology.

Just realised an error by myself, I hold my hands up and will say the Premier League isn't the best league in the world, nor is La Liga or Bundesliga. In my opinion it's the most entertaining and offers the better balance of quality throughout, viewing figures, TV deals also backup my argument.

Until there is a Super League when all the top clubs play each other and it will happen in time, you will then see which country has the best clubs and still it wouldn't settle the X League is the best.

Too many factors to determine the best league in the world.

But as for the PL, it's not the best in quality, competitiveness, goals, attendances, directness, technical footaball.

In fact, I'm struggling to think of anything other than paychecks where the PL trumps other leagues in Europe.

Quality on the pitch maybe but that's not what fans consider rivalry, the fans play a huge part in what makes a rivalry. If Derby fans felt the same about Forest as they do Notts County (same city) it would never be considered a rivalry.

Barca v Real isn't even in the top 5 and would be struggling with top 10, Rangers v Celtic is a bigger rivalry yet clearly the quality isn't the same on the pitch.

Last night the atmosphere was shocking for a 'rivalry' as well, Barca would be far better in a smaller ground and sacking off the tourists that flood each game, I'm sure if you had the genuine Barca and Real fans closer together and not separated by thousands of tourists in socks and sandles looking for that Nou Camp selfie the atmosphere would be more intense.

Too many factors to determine the best league in the world.

But as for the PL, it's not the best in quality, competitiveness, goals, attendances, directness, technical footaball.

In fact, I'm struggling to think of anything other than paychecks where the PL trumps other leagues in Europe.

Why is it the most watched league in the world? Why can't La Liga or the Bundesliga get anywhere close to the TV deals the Premier League gets, why is it Liverpool v Man Utd is broadcast in 212 countries, El Crapico only 56? Something not right there surely?

La Liga has the 2 best players in the world, Messi and Ronaldo yet still miles behind, 2 of the top 3 clubs in the world so why? The rest of the league interests very few. Do you see people sat in bars in Asia, America watching Seville v Sociedad? truth is Liverpool v Spurs would and does pull in more viewers.

​Were you at the Nou Camp last night? I'm just asking, because La Liga experts such as Andy West for the BBC always says he has goosebumps watching Barca in the big games becasue of it's wonderful atmosphere.

I'm guessing you was there? Sky Sports must have muted the crowd over here because it was dead.

And in what world is Rangers vs Celtic a bigger rivalry? Bigger because they hate each other more, or because there is more violence? Nobody gives a **** about them outside of Glasgow, yet El Clasico is a worldwide event.

I do and I'm outside Glasgow, think you will find Celtic have a huge following worldwide as well. The cup (Scottish Tinpot Cup) game the other month broadcast in 54 countries, 56 countries broadcast the El Crapico last night. You might not give a **** but you can't really talk for the rest of the world.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/exclusive-more-one-million-scottish-5118061

​I agree, cup competitions don't really reflect how good a league is as anybody can beat anybody on said given day. Yet, are you joking about a superleague? No English club would get in a superleague at present let alone average the highest positions.

Of course they would, don't talk wet. A super league would consist of the top 5 teams from England, Spain, Italy, Germany and France. 

And the PL isn't more competitive. Not by a long way. Chelsea have lost two league games all season - they're cruising and in reality they're not even that good of a team.

​8pts separate the top 4, wouldn't call that cruising. 19pts separate the top 4 in Bundesliga. And Chelsea not that good of a team? behave yourself Bris.

Why is it the most watched league in the world? Why can't La Liga or the Bundesliga get anywhere close to the TV deals the Premier League gets, why is it Liverpool v Man Utd is broadcast in 212 countries, El Crapico only 56? Something not right there surely?

La Liga has the 2 best players in the world, Messi and Ronaldo yet still miles behind, 2 of the top 3 clubs in the world so why? The rest of the league interests very few. Do you see people sat in bars in Asia, America watching Seville v Sociedad? truth is Liverpool v Spurs would and does pull in more viewers.

I'm guessing you was there? Sky Sports must have muted the crowd over here because it was dead.

I do and I'm outside Glasgow, think you will find Celtic have a huge following worldwide as well. The cup (Scottish Tinpot Cup) game the other month broadcast in 54 countries, 56 countries broadcast the El Crapico last night. You might not give a **** but you can't really talk for the rest of the world.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/exclusive-more-one-million-scottish-5118061

Of course they would, don't talk wet. A super league would consist of the top 5 teams from England, Spain, Italy, Germany and France. 

​8pts separate the top 4, wouldn't call that cruising. 19pts separate the top 4 in Bundesliga. And Chelsea not that good of a team? behave yourself Bris.

Lets be honest, neither La Liga or the Prem are competitive.

They've both roughly had the same amount of winners in the last 20 years. 

At least Athletico achieved something last year that I couldnt see happening in the Prem. What would be that the equivalent of? Spurs winning it? Maybe even a worse team than that. 

Daveo you are getting confused between best league and best brand. No-one is doubting that the premier league is the best brand because it is marketed everywhere. One of the major factors for the viewing factors is asia. Big Premier league games are broadcasted around midday which allows the fans in china, japan etc to watch it. Big games in other leagues though are at night so the asian people are sleeping so less viewing figures not to mention that that they need to pay for coverage in other leagues meanwhile they get premier league coverage for free. Anyway Daveo I'm not saying that the atmosphere was amazing during el classico yesterday because I wasn't there and only watched it on sky, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did turn down the crowd volume. They have done this is the past most notably in scottish football with celtic and in the premier league with crystal palace(because they sing anti-sky sports and premier league songs). They probably turned it down so you could hear the commentary because I noticed the dramatic fluctuation in sound regularly last night.

​Would 20 get Blackburn in there? 

You can't really complain, because had it not been for billionaires taking over then Chelsea and Man City would never have won the Premier League.

People complain these clubs buy their way to the title, had they not been taken over the Premier League would have been even less competitve with United and Arsenal sharing the last 19 title between them.

Archived