The state of the pitch

Stive Pesley

Saw this mentioned a few times - and Rush said that they don't know why the pitch has cut up so badly this season.

Just been past the ground today and they are wheeling some enormous lighting rigs on to the pitch (some company called grass lighting solutions or something)

Unless we're taking up a sideline in hydroponics - they are obviously taking this seriously. It must cost a fair amount to go to these lengths, at this stage of the season (as they will returf in the summer anyway)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Puns aside - I knew I'd seen it somewhere

http://www.derbycountyblog.com/guest-post-robbie-jones-reports-back-from-derby-county-fans-forum-your-90-minutes/

Pitch condition is a problem

Sam was eager to point out that the pitch condition at the iPro Stadium was something of a mystery.

Despite being rated ‘above average’ by an FA pitch inspector before the last game, they were concerned about how much it had cut up.  Whether the club is promoted or not, the pitch will be getting significant investment.

The sides of the pitch where the linesmen run is totally bare.

Which reminds me - does anyone know if there is a rule which says they linesmen have to stick to the same half/side of the ground now? I'm sure they used to alternate so as to spare the grass.

It surely makes no difference if the lino is on the left or right of the pitch?

Saw this mentioned a few times - and Rush said that they don't know why the pitch has cut up so badly this season.

Just been past the ground today and they are wheeling some enormous lighting rigs on to the pitch (some company called grass lighting solutions or something)

Unless we're taking up a sideline in hydroponics - they are obviously taking this seriously. It must cost a fair amount to go to these lengths, at this stage of the season (as they will returf in the summer anyway)

The sides of the pitch where the linesmen run is totally bare.

Which reminds me - does anyone know if there is a rule which says they linesmen have to stick to the same half/side of the ground now? I'm sure they used to alternate so as to spare the grass.

It surely makes no difference if the lino is on the left or right of the pitch?

​I have mentioned this before but most of the Prem clubs have artificial turf around the perimeter of the pitch (including the technical area) and even a couple championship clubs I've noticed like Fulham & Bournemouth. Hope we do it next season.

Archived