subs mistake

wiseram

We have secured one point out of the last nine. Importantly however the last two performances have been very good. We have truly had a ridiculous amount of bad luck. It cant last.

Next week against Norwich let me be first to predict a goal off the back of Keoghs head as he fall to the floor with a boo from the fan. He then runs screaming to the said Derby fan (only one due to the boycott) with his shirt over his head to reveal on his vest "Stuff You Dyer"

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have secured one point out of the last nine. Importantly however the last two performances have been very good. We have truly had a ridiculous amount of bad luck. It cant last.

Next week against Norwich let me be first to predict a goal off the back of Keoghs head as he fall to the floor with a boo from the fan. He then runs screaming to the said Derby fan (only one due to the boycott) with his shirt over his head to reveal on his vest "Stuff You Dyer"

Steve thought the game was won hence tinkering about with the sub's.  I wonder why managers feel compelled to use all three sub's.  Especially in the last ten minutes.  Can upset the way you're playing.  And 'resting players' for 7 or 10 minutes is neither here nor there.

I just can't agree with any of this.

Do players like Craig Bryson, Simon Dawkins, Tom Ince, Jeff Hendrick and Jesse Lingard really need a 19 year old holding their hand to see out a 2-0 home win for 10 minutes against a side that hadn't tested our keeping in the 80 minutes before that?

Forget disrupting systems or rythm. How easy do you want it to be as a sub when you're coming on!?

I dont think any of the subs were really at fault for any of the goals it was players who started who were at fault for a catalogue of errors. SM new things were going wrong hence why he was down there being so much more vocal than usual.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but the subs did no cost us yesterday.

I would have liked to have seen more attacking changes earlier on when we was in full control not defensive changes! Birmingham were there for the taking yesterday. Forget the ref, the penalty, the added on time, forget all that. With the way the game was going we should have looked to have gone on and bury them and improving our goal difference which could be vital come May, when you see Bournemouth and Norwich sticking them away we need to keep up.

And when the ref has a bet on the result you need to stick the ball in the net so many times the FA would be at his door if he disallowed them all.

All the subs were justified. Ward was blowing bubbles and couldn't lift his foot higher than six inches off the floor! Hughes was hobbling having been kicked! Russell was in danger of whacking the referee and had told the ref to stay away from him three times. It's s squad game and the players bought on had previously been involved in securing points for Derby.

Do not think the subs affected us losing in any way shape or form.

Hughes had racked up a lot of fouls and I am not quite sure how he did not get booked with that ref.

Russell had run himself into the ground.

Dawkins SHOULD be the better option out of him and Ward for seeing out games.

Tried to not even read this! When Clough was in charge he'd made a change 2-0 up 10th minute into the game he'd swap a strike for a defender we'd end up drawing or losing.

Mclarens sub's have got us so many results it's not even funny! Has the world gone mad!?!

To be fair Hughes looked knackered he was my MoM. **** it let's make defensive subs and defend for our lifes instead of bringing fresh midfielders on to worry there defenders... o_O

Archived