subs mistake

wiseram

Thinks Steve got it wrong.

Ward,Hughes,Russell all played well and carried out their respective roles well.

Bryson, Lingard, Dawkins gave little and certainly did not carry out the an effective role and were anonymous.

That's why we retreated and gave Brum the impetous / space to press.

Balance upset and as we know our defence crumble under a nervy bit of pressure as usual...........

Why noy sub and bring on Bucko or Shotton to stiffle the game ?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed 100% - For some reason McClaren refuses to make defensive substitutions to close out a game which I think has cost us points through the season. Today being a classic example of that.

Why bring Dawkins on for Russell or Bryson for hughes at 2-0? What is that achieving other than weakining you squad?

Should just bring on Shotton for Hendrick/Hughes and play 5 at the back for the last 5 minutes.

Agreed - but if you criticise Bryson then the resident forum idiot will tell you to "Grow up u clown", so the mistake must have been just taking off Russell and Ward.

Thinks Steve got it wrong.

Ward,Hughes,Russell all played well and carried out their respective roles well.

Bryson, Lingard, Dawkins gave little and certainly did not carry out the an effective role and were anonymous.

That's why we retreated and gave Brum the impetous / space to press.

Balance upset and as we know our defence crumble under a nervy bit of pressure as usual...........

Why noy sub and bring on Bucko or Shotton to stiffle the game ?

Mac's approach is to keep the opposition busy rather than bring on a defender and invite them on. It relies however on the back 4 pushing up rather than shrinking back to our 18 yard line. I applaud the positivity but wish that all 11 were on the same wavelength.....

Mac's approach is to keep the opposition busy rather than bring on a defender and invite them on. It relies however on the back 4 pushing up rather than shrinking back to our 18 yard line. I applaud the positivity but wish that all 11 were on the same wavelength.....

PistoldPete2

The only mistake we made was not bringing on all 3 subs after 90 minutes... How much time would that have taken and how much time added on? 

PistoldPete2

5 minutes doesnt make a difference ? What if hughes russell or ward had got injured, booked or sent off? Any of those were possible with that ref. 

Archived