DCFC Fans Update 23rd February

Day

Just wanted to give you an update as to the situation on the forum, I'm getting a lot of emails, tweets, moans, concern and I'm struggling to reply to everyone as well as get on with other daily work, don't want you to think I'm ignoring you or anything like that.

I understand it's frustrating and believe me I'm frustrated more than anyone else.

All the bugs and glitches have been noted and we are on a higher level support by the software developers, I'm literally powerless to do anything at the moment, everything I can think of I've tried and it's hard when I can't recreate the same issues.

On top of the issues that have been reported this afternoon I received another lovely email from Google, once again adult related images have been found on the forum, in a thread Happy Birthday Daveo dated back in 2012, it's actually my birthday this week and I would politely ask that no semi naked men holding birthday cakes are posted.

You may have noticed today that the forum has been offline shortly, the reason for this was a crude attempt to stop these reports once and for all. I had 2 options, remove ads from post pages or remove all images. Removing ads would affect ad revenue hugely, instead as I say in a crude way I have removed all images.

Basically I've replaced all instances of png, jpg, gif etc. with blank spaces creating dead image links, this has effected all images prior to today. I have also just to be sure replaced the words gyazo, imageshack, tapatalk etc. with blank spaces.

All future images will be fine, continue to post as you have been but any hint of flesh male or female and they will be deleted.

Like I say I share your frustration, we will be sorted soon I promise!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure anyone of sound mind doesn't blame you mate - upgrades and the like always come at the price of teething troubles shortly afterwards. I'm sure they'll all get resolved.

A shame that the Google/images issue has come up again. Google really are a necessary evil, with emphasis on...

I'm sure anyone of sound mind doesn't blame you mate - upgrades and the like always come at the price of teething troubles shortly afterwards. I'm sure they'll all get resolved.

A shame that the Google/images issue has come up again. Google really are a necessary evil, with emphasis on...

Logged on about 7 (I-Pad) and it was all a bit of a disaster - couldn't access notifications, nor could I post whether it be by standalone posts or by quoting anyone - did not have the relevant keys available. I have logged on now hoping it will be better, and it appears it is although I was made to log-in again.  It seems a great shame that no doubt for a sizeable spend this upgrade isn't working well for so many. Hoping more of the glitches will disappear over the coming days.

Logged on about 7 (I-Pad) and it was all a bit of a disaster - couldn't access notifications, nor could I post whether it be by standalone posts or by quoting anyone - did not have the relevant keys available. I have logged on now hoping it will be better, and it appears it is although I was made to log-in again.  It seems a great shame that no doubt for a sizeable spend this upgrade isn't working well for so many. Hoping more of the glitches will disappear over the coming days.

I have had the same ipad issues........after the cache clear before anyone shouts at me!..but I couldn't post either...I fiddled around a bit (!) and switched off the Java script in the settings. I think I can now do all the normal stuff but the quote feature has disappeared. I'm also guessing that (when it is back) I'll have issues with the match day chat.

Archived