Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

5 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

@BaaLocks this will please you fella. Most of the expert picks are for Smith! Was feeling pretty smug about getting 8/11 for a now 1/3 shot but now it's me wondering whether I've got this right ?

I think you have, I didn't realize how much bigger Junor is in the frame till the weigh in. But it's far from clear cut, should be a great scrap.

5 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

@BaaLocks this will please you fella. Most of the expert picks are for Smith! Was feeling pretty smug about getting 8/11 for a now 1/3 shot but now it's me wondering whether I've got this right ?

Edited by BaaLocks

9 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

I think you have, I didn't realize how much bigger Junor is in the frame till the weigh in. But it's far from clear cut, should be a great scrap.

Went to hedge this on the exchanges as you can get some 5/2 Smith now which is surely too big. Ended up having a small additional wager on Eubank by KO / TKO. WTAF! ? 

WOW

Eubank got up too quickly, perhaps his inexperience of being in that situation being knocked down, but he just needed to take the 8 count.

Just think though, Eubank wanted GGG... GGG would've done that in 1 minute.

Edited by Jubbs

Jnr's career is a mess. This trainer, that trainer, no trainer, Dad in, Dad out, Super Middle, Middle, hunting stupid titles, entering the Ali trophy tournament... 

I think he's just paid the price for arrogantly thinking his natural ability will take him anywhere he wants to go. 

He started off well but even so lacked power and imo some of that pace he fought with in the past. Maybe weight really has been an issue? 

Anyway, I would have been happy for Smith had he not had some digs about Jnr's sexuality which was weird and sounded like Smith has a problem he needed to talk about. So not pleased for him. 

Benn having the audacity to mock Jnr in a video. Probably frustrating being on maternity leave

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Jnr's career is a mess. This trainer, that trainer, no trainer, Dad in, Dad out, Super Middle, Middle, hunting stupid titles, entering the Ali trophy tournament... 

I think he's just paid the price for arrogantly thinking his natural ability will take him anywhere he wants to go. 

He started off well but even so lacked power and imo some of that pace he fought with in the past. Maybe weight really has been an issue? 

Anyway, I would have been happy for Smith had he not had some digs about Jnr's sexuality which was weird and sounded like Smith has a problem he needed to talk about. So not pleased for him. 

Benn having the audacity to mock Jnr in a video. Probably frustrating being on maternity leave

My spidey senses were ringing right from the ring walk tbh. Watched the fight again and it was even stranger the second time around. Smith was out to 8/1 on BF by the end of the 3rd as Jnr was boxing his ears off but it seemed to me that winning the fight was not enough. No need to hang his left around his waist and that lack of respect predictably didn't end well. Without being especially gifted, Smith is granite and without being destructive, he's a spiteful puncher. Jnr had him cold but seemed to want to humiliate him and that's where it all went wrong, to my eyes at least. Hard to know where he goes from here, but I doubt he's short of money and I think the smart thing to do would be to call time as despite an abundance of natural talent, I don't think his heart is in it. 

As for Smith, I share your sentiments which is a shame as I'd all kinds of respect for him beforehand. Even more disappointed in Conor Benn who is someone I thought could be a star.  He needs to STFU and get his own s*** together before he takes the piss out of any other fighter. Right now, he's halfway to nowhere.

Watched it on sky when I got home from pp , I’m also wow couldn’t see that coming, smith win maybe but to blow him away like that wow, 

good to see respect afterwards, fighters really need to stop this pre fight personal stuff , they just goad each other into making themselves look cxnts 

Some fights have genuine beef. Like AJ Vs Whyte did. 

Some are just mind games like Fury who winds em up, plays it down, makes them take it serious then it's all a joke.... He's just making sure he's in charge and it works pretty much every time. 

Josh Taylor is one that says it's not personal but he has to hate someone to be at his best. 

Then yeah, there's all the petty stuff like "he disrespected my cat". 

Eubank Jnr in fairness is the villain so he always just trolls his haters. Everyone is hostile to him. He brings out the worst in people. 

It's terrible when some really nice fellas like Joe Joyce do the whole build up nonsense. But promoters push it because even fake beef gets more attention than no beef. Bad attention still sells. 

Looking forward to Beterbiev absolutely battering Yarde tomorrow, can't see a world where Yarde wins. Beterbiev is an incredible fighter with crazy power, his win over Gvozdyk is such a great win. A Beterbiev win sets up a nice fight vs Bivol which *should* be an outstanding, true 50/50 fight.

Don't know what it is about Yarde (perhaps it's the "Lions in the camp" thing) but I just don't like him.

13 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Genuinely scared for Yarde in this one. Played Beterbiev in rounds 1 or 2. Not expecting this to go long, but then I'm coming off a beating on the Eubank fight so confidence is tempered.

Boooo. Boxing's a rubbish sport ? 

Yarde doing ok thus far, but how long can he avoid Beterbiev's right?