Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yeah I'll stream it and this time not even care if it buffers. Not supporting Frank to put this kind of crap on 

Joyce said he can be ready for 17th if AJ is looking to fight then. So IFL said to Warren why not take Joyce on 17th as he's already signed to Warren and AJ won't be out on 17th.

Warren says Fury needs to get out, have Xmas break and be in camp for late Feb/early March for an Usyk fight

So.... He can't delay his fight by a couple of weeks because it will have a knock on effect to a fight that hasn't even been discussed?

Are they implying Usyk knows the exact date he wants to fight and he wouldn't possibly move it by a couple of week to suit Fury??

I somehow can't imagine Usyk saying no to an undisputed fight because Fury won't be ready by the date he's not even planned yet. 

Utter nonsense boxing promoters

Whilst Fury talks about Usyk, who knows if he will actually take that fight? With his and Warren's record, you can't be sure.

The excuses not to fight Joshua were nonsense. And trying to play it off as if it was Joshua and Hearn's side that broke talks down really doesn't work for me. They've shown a good track record of taking the big fights. 

Fury is just damaging his own legacy. He could be so much more.

On 20/10/2022 at 15:47, Andicis said:

Whilst Fury talks about Usyk, who knows if he will actually take that fight? With his and Warren's record, you can't be sure.

The excuses not to fight Joshua were nonsense. And trying to play it off as if it was Joshua and Hearn's side that broke talks down really doesn't work for me. They've shown a good track record of taking the big fights. 

Fury is just damaging his own legacy. He could be so much more.

I do believe Hearn (not Joshua) would rather not have the fight. I can see him playing awkward. 

But no deadlines were set on Chisora. I don't think either party wanted it really did they? 

Agree about Fury. I really like him and don't think he has to fear anyone. But he and Warren summarise boxing pretty well. They navigate through the politics. 

Imagine looking back on this era. Who was the greatest? AJ, Fury, Wilder, Usyk? 

Oh well they were all active together for years but we didn't see them mix it up much. 

My interest in boxing has waned a lot over the past couple of years.

I understand the politics. Business.

But you just want to see the best fights. 

It’s been five years since AJ beat Vlad. We’re coming up the three years since Fury beat Wilder (second fight).

How is it those guys haven’t fought? 

Crawford vs Spence anytime soon lads? Nah… 

The 147 division used to be the best by a mile. Now it’s dead.

And is Gervonta Davis going to fight anyone good anytime soon?

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/10/2022 at 15:13, BaaLocks said:

Jake Paul actually believes the hype doesn't he? He really thinks he is a half decent fighter?

Yes. Question is will he eventually talk himself into a fight with a boxer who's actually there to win

Fury lost the plot with True Geordie. Rattled from the start. I like Tyson but he's a loon. And he knows this Chisora fight is doing nothing 

9 hours ago, Alpha said:

Yes. Question is will he eventually talk himself into a fight with a boxer who's actually there to win

Fury lost the plot with True Geordie. Rattled from the start. I like Tyson but he's a loon. And he knows this Chisora fight is doing nothing 

That was such an embarrassing interview. True Geordie made him look like a complete fool. Tyson Fury seems to be behaving in ways similar to when he left boxing before, he seemed better after his return but he seems to be going off the rails a bit again sadly. 

Clip below for those who haven't seen it:

4 hours ago, Andicis said:

That was such an embarrassing interview. True Geordie made him look like a complete fool. Tyson Fury seems to be behaving in ways similar to when he left boxing before, he seemed better after his return but he seems to be going off the rails a bit again sadly. 

Clip below for those who haven't seen it:

He's a troubled fella, Tyson. 

Think, as you say, he's been behaving odd for some time now. Even by Fury standards. 

Right from the start of that interview you could tell he was gonna be a knobber. 

Excellent fighter and I believe he's a genuine nice bloke. But sometimes he just sticks his chin out for the media and all his haters to swing at. And it's hard to defend him when he does. 

Poor Paris Fury!! 

18 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

See how he gets on when he is put in the ring with someone that hasn't been paid to take a dive.

I don't think anyone has been paid to dive, he's just being fed names people had heard of ten years ago, from a different sport. And I do think he believes he is knocking out hall of famers, not washed up fighters who should be in a suit ringside commentating rather than being in the ring. But we all agree that once he goes in there with anyone with a reason to win, and half decent hands, he is getting starfished. Whether it will happen, ever, time till tell - I doubt it, those seeing the money fall from the skies are too clever for that.

Edited by BaaLocks

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I mean, I guess we'll see but I just think Liam Smith's footwork is going to grind him down.

*The* interesting fight of the next six months is going to be Gervonta Davis against Ryan Garcia. Garcia likes to take a shot, which is not a wise move against someone like Davis, but is probably the better technical boxer - that one I will splash the cash for.

14 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Liam Smith's footwork is going to grind him down.

Are we talking about the same fighter? No disrespect to Liam, whom I've backed in his last two fights, but he doesn't do footwork. He adopts a wide stance, he fights off his heels, not his toes and typically marches forward from the middle of the ring. He's incredibly durable and a hateful puncher, but I must have missed this 'footwork' you reference.

For my money, assuming all is well with Junior after trimming down for the Benn fight, I can only see one winner and I've taken the 8/11 accordingly. To my mind, Eubank is a 1/2 shot and come the night, that's how I expect the fight to be priced. There'll likely be some 7/4 or thereabouts for Liam, so if you think he'll win you'll be loving that price.

@Alpha what's your take on this one mate?

8 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Are we talking about the same fighter? No disrespect to Liam, whom I've backed in his last two fights, but he doesn't do footwork. He adopts a wide stance, he fights off his heels, not his toes and typically marches forward from the middle of the ring. He's incredibly durable and a hateful puncher, but I must have missed this 'footwork' you reference.

For my money, assuming all is well with Junior after trimming down for the Benn fight, I can only see one winner and I've taken the 8/11 accordingly. To my mind, Eubank is a 1/2 shot and come the night, that's how I expect the fight to be priced. There'll likely be some 7/4 or thereabouts for Liam, so if you think he'll win you'll be loving that price.

@Alpha what's your take on this one mate?

I hate myself for becoming a bit of a Eubank Jnr fan. I just find him quite entertaining to watch. 

Same as you I hope he's feeling good after trimming down and preparing for Benn

Smith always seems to like to grow into a fight, taking his time and being selective. Which is contrast to Jnr who swarms and takes breaks. Should be a good fight shouldn't it? 

But I back Jnr to hurt Smith during his busy periods. He's such a handful. 

I agree on how Smith punches though. Really digs every shot right in. So if Jnr isn't sharp and able to work often through the whole fight he could find his energy sapped. 

Boxing has been terrible lately though hasn't it. Nobody wants to be in big fights. They keep letting them sit in the near future. It's always YouTube nonsense going on

14 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I hate myself for becoming a bit of a Eubank Jnr fan. I just find him quite entertaining to watch. 

Same as you I hope he's feeling good after trimming down and preparing for Benn

Smith always seems to like to grow into a fight, taking his time and being selective. Which is contrast to Jnr who swarms and takes breaks. Should be a good fight shouldn't it? 

But I back Jnr to hurt Smith during his busy periods. He's such a handful. 

I agree on how Smith punches though. Really digs every shot right in. So if Jnr isn't sharp and able to work often through the whole fight he could find his energy sapped. 

Boxing has been terrible lately though hasn't it. Nobody wants to be in big fights. They keep letting them sit in the near future. It's always YouTube nonsense going on

I find myself watching more MMA these days to be honest mate. In that game, you win your fight, you call out the next guy up the ladder, make a deal and get in on. Had a good hunt through the next two months of boxing's scheduled bouts and there's barely anything that catches my eye. Easy to make a few quid playing the fights, but not much to fore the imagination as you say.

12 hours ago, Jubbs said:

What a disappointing and anticlimactic end to the Parker Ryder fight, Parker pulling out between rounds 4-5 due to a broken hand. Did looked like he stopped throwing it, but disappointed he didn't carry on for a bit longer...

It's a tad painful throwing punches with a broken hand ?