Derby County v Sheffield Wednesday

AmericanRam

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic game, in the first half the final ball just wasn't quite there, second half two set pieces and a glorious run and pass from hughes sealed the points. Thought for both their goals mistakes were made, the wall seemed too far to the right to me for the first one and second goal hendrick loses it they break and put it past granty who could have done a bit better with it. 

Thought Ince, hughes and bent were fantastic and Thorne showed his class first half. Bucko poor passing but did his other jobs well, same with keogh but we should have concentrated more on the 2nd ball at times. Christie looks nervous, i miss the marauding full back who'd put crosses in and seem confident he just needs one good game i think and he'll be back. Am not a fan of Shotten as his presence on the ball doesn't suit our play but he is defensively stronger than christie but prone to errors. 

Hendrick for me is too inconsistent in the game, he'll have a good 5 mins then a bad 10 mins then a good 5 mins. Lingard and Bryson are good competition and maybe it's time to drop Hendrick. Dawkins is a great player but isn't a winger for me well not in the system we play, fantastic on the ball control and retention but just lacks that instinct and doesn't always pair up well with Forsyth. I always felt like we'd get a couple of goals and it is a pleasure to watch the team at the moment. 

grant- 4

christie- 5

keogh - 6

buxton- 6

forsyth- 6

thorne- 8

hughes- 9 motm

hendrick- 6

ince- 8

bent- 8

dawkins-6

Fantastic game, in the first half the final ball just wasn't quite there, second half two set pieces and a glorious run and pass from hughes sealed the points. Thought for both their goals mistakes were made, the wall seemed too far to the right to me for the first one and second goal hendrick loses it they break and put it past granty who could have done a bit better with it. 

Thought Ince, hughes and bent were fantastic and Thorne showed his class first half. Bucko poor passing but did his other jobs well, same with keogh but we should have concentrated more on the 2nd ball at times. Christie looks nervous, i miss the marauding full back who'd put crosses in and seem confident he just needs one good game i think and he'll be back. Am not a fan of Shotten as his presence on the ball doesn't suit our play but he is defensively stronger than christie but prone to errors. 

Hendrick for me is too inconsistent in the game, he'll have a good 5 mins then a bad 10 mins then a good 5 mins. Lingard and Bryson are good competition and maybe it's time to drop Hendrick. Dawkins is a great player but isn't a winger for me well not in the system we play, fantastic on the ball control and retention but just lacks that instinct and doesn't always pair up well with Forsyth. I always felt like we'd get a couple of goals and it is a pleasure to watch the team at the moment. 

grant- 4

christie- 5

keogh - 6

buxton- 6

forsyth- 6

thorne- 8

hughes- 9 motm

hendrick- 6

ince- 8

bent- 8

dawkins-6

Take the blinkers off. 

Hughes has been brilliant for 2 months, today he wasn't at that standard. 

You slate Hendrick for the mistake, but he was playing no worse than anyone else and arguably, Buxton and Grant ****ed that up just as much. 

Buxton scored twice, yes, but he gave the ball away for the first goal and reacted so poorly for the second. Got the deck chair out every time he got on the ball first half. He really needs to hurry it up and stop telegraphing passes 

Grant 4

Christie 6

Keogh 6

Buxton 4

Forsyth 6

Thorne 6

Hendrick 6

Hughes 6

Dawkins 5

Ince 6

Bent 6

One of those games really. No real standouts, could've been different with a few better bounces first half. Wasn't pretty at times but just had to win. Will be a few more like this yet!

Hughes MOTM again for me. Pure class. 

Thought we was brilliant today. Kept grinding them down and got deserved goals. Lingard was fantastic when he came on. Must start on Tuesday.

Another goal conceded from an error though. Only real disappointment today. 

Brilliant to see Thorne back.

Top of the league. Now lets stay there. 

Enjoyed the game, made it hard for ourselves by giving that second goal away due to a couple of individual errors, the first a free kick conceded in a dangerous area, don't really like the goalkeeper right over one side of the goal as once its over the wall and it dips its gonna be in if its on target.

Grant 6 - dived underneath second goal it seemed, little to do overall

Christie 6 - still in a shaky spell at present

Forsyth 6 - some stray passes

Keogh 6 - battled with the man mountain

Buxton 7 - two goals direct from corners, where he is often a threat

Thorne 7 - nice comeback, showed what we had been missing with his passing and tackling

Hendrick 7 - bit of a mish mash, some good and some not so good inc. error leading to 2nd goal

Hughes 8 - gave everything for the cause with an abundance of skill

Bent 6 - not involved a lot but coolly stroked in the penalty, seemed to be holding his midriff afterwards

Dawkins 6 - didn't really push on to the full back often enough

Ince 8 - very lively, could have had 2 or 3 goals on another day, hit post, won penalty

Subs

Lingard 8 - real livewire when he came on, must be starting soon I would think

Bryson 7 - helped to turn the game

Archived