Derby County v Reading

Mafiabob

There was one utterly ridiculous thing that we did. Jamie Ward came on and proceeded to waste a corner and also a really dangerous freekick situation. How come no one at the club has noticed he is the worst set-piece taken in the Championship? I really like Jamie Ward and he does a lot of good things, but striking a dead ball is not one of them. Why?

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was one utterly ridiculous thing that we did. Jamie Ward came on and proceeded to waste a corner and also a really dangerous freekick situation. How come no one at the club has noticed he is the worst set-piece taken in the Championship? I really like Jamie Ward and he does a lot of good things, but striking a dead ball is not one of them. Why?

Couldnt agree more, said before the corner that he would hit the 1st man. Didn't get quite predict the free kick right as I thought he would hit the wall 

Poor ref .

more cards than valentines day for nothing fouls.

Once it went to 10 v 11 the game was severely compromised as a contest.

We were dominant before the red card, creating loads of chances.

I thought schteve dithered over the substitutions.

I would like to have seen hughes and ward both on and earlier.

Roos - 5 - looked a bit dodgy, didn't take crosses and made me nervous.

Christie - 6 - good and bad. Final ball could be better

Warnock - 6 - looked ok whilst he was there

mascarell - 6 unfortunate to be subbed

Keogh - 6 - sitting down in the box again

Shotton - 6 - ok

Bryson -5 - still disappointing - handled in the box

Hendrick - 6 - pity he can't shoot

Lingard - 6 - a bit rusty but nearly scored

Bent - 6 - could have scored another from 6 yards

Dawkins - 7 - very good first half, seemed to lose concentration, but our best player today.

Forsyth - 6 - very busy

Ward - 7 - lively

Thomas - 5 - average

Schteve 5 - come on this is the 5th round, seemed to dither over the subs.

Referee 3

True. Often there are things it seems like everyone in the world (this forum) knows, but the abatement knows better, and we should really just let them get on with their job.

But wtf, Ward has been pants at freekicks for as long as I can remember. It's clear for all to see. He must hit some pearlers in training or something.

Thought we were still slightly the better team even with 10 men (Radio Derby saying "Reading deserved the win"? not too sure about that, most of their chances came on the break after a stray pass or two).

Roos 7

Christie 7

Warnock 6

Keogh 7

Shotton 6

Mascarell 6 (Forsyth 6)

Hendrick 7

Bryson 7 (Thomas 6)

Bent 7

Dawkins 7 (Ward 6)

Lingard 7

Referee: 4 (tho suppose couldn't argue with a second yellow for Warnock, the ridiculous play acting by Mackie afterwards made absolutely certain of it, not sure there was much more than minimal contact)

Thought we were still slightly the better team even with 10 men (Radio Derby saying "Reading deserved the win"? not too sure about that, most of their chances came on the break after a stray pass or two).

Roos 7

Christie 7

Warnock 6

Keogh 7

Shotton 6

Mascarell 6 (Forsyth 6)

Hendrick 7

Bryson 7 (Thomas 6)

Bent 7

Dawkins 7 (Ward 6)

Lingard 7

Referee: 4 (tho suppose couldn't argue with a second yellow for Warnock, the ridiculous play acting by Mackie afterwards made absolutely certain of it, not sure there was much more than minimal contact)

I was next to it. It was a definite second yellow for Warnock. Referee got it right. You could tell by Stephen's reaction.

I know we all harp on about this, but we really miss Hughes when he is not playing.

There is no control in the midfield. Hendrick and Bryson remind me of Gerrard and Lampard for England, both good players just can't play together

Dunno about Hendrick and Bryson together, they did play together for long periods last season and we did ok when Hughes was often on the bench in his continuing development. Though probably now he has advanced to a higher level we miss him much more.

Just watched it a few times Warnock was a little unlucky to get a second yellow missed Mackie totally with his left foot when trying to block and both of their momentum meant his trailing leg was the one that caught  him .Nothing malicous just on of those incidents when the clearing player kicks into the leg of the blocking player happens loads of times.

Bradford v Sunderland is not being televised as well. Neither is Blackburn v Stoke.

I attend rarely Derby games and am going tomorrow. I missed the penalty v Southport as I had gone by then and I have not seen Derby win at home when I have been there since Newcastle in the Premier League. 8 games all defeats!

My bad run continues. I am going to go next Saturday at home as well. I know we will lose as I will be there sorry!

Archived