Here We Go!

RAMalicious

Well this is it, probably the most important phase of the season - we have got ourselves up there and done "well" in the transfer window and we're are now in for a really tough few weeks - Saturday - Tuesday games every week until 7th March!

Plus Bournemouth this Tuesday!

After this phase I believe we will effectively know our fate.

Everything the club has worked towards under McClaren will be severely put to the test.

Maturity, experience, confidence, discipline, fitness and luck are the watchwords.

Hope and perseverance the key.

Our nearest challengers have the same task.

We are best prepared.

Never been better prepared at this level for some 30 years.

For those amongst us that don't remember the 70s - these are rare times. Savour them. Hold onto them.

Whatever the outcome, as we have already seen some possibilities suggested, there will be another step-change at the end if the season.

Let's hope it's an upward one!

Hold onto your hats!

And Believe.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this is it, probably the most important phase of the season - we have got ourselves up there and done "well" in the transfer window and we're are now in for a really tough few weeks - Saturday - Tuesday games every week until 7th March!

Everything the club has worked towards under McClaren will be severely put to the test.

Maturity, experience, confidence, discipline, fitness and luck are the watchwords.

We are best prepared.

For those amongst us that don't remember the 70s - these are rare times. Savour them. Hold onto them.

Whatever the outcome, as we have already seen some possibilities suggested, there will be another step-change at the end if the season.

Hold onto your hats!

And Believe.

Amen.

A win against Bolton and then against Bournemouth could hopefully kick start a long unbeaten run leading towards the end of the season. Hopefully we can put a run together and start to open up a gap from the rest of the teams

Sometimes feel it's overlooked we're in great form right now, 7 wins from 8, loads of clean sheets, one scrappy loss against Forest, which holds more weight than it should.

Carry on in this vein till the seasons end, and we will be up, no question. Add the even stronger squad, some players yet to hit their peak, return of GT, plenty of genuine game changers on the bench awaiting their chance to shine on the run in.

Add the cherry of top of Barkers return, even for 5 minutes at the end of the season, and you've got the perfect recipe for a summer long promotion party!

We are best prepared.

Hold onto your hats!

And Believe.

If we beat Reading, it'll probably be until the 20th March with the Birmingham game moved midweek. It's a good job we've got a bigger squad now as they could well be needed. Mac will have to make sure he uses Hughes properly, if he's going to have to rest him at some point, not in the most important games! With Bent now as a second option up front, Hughes is the most important player in my opinion, and the best.

I definitely remember the heady glory days of the 70s.

We were a colossal force to be reckoned with.

I also strongly believe that amazing things have already started to happen again at DCFC.

Nigel laid a good foundation and left when he realised he had taken us as far as he could go.

Many of us were sceptical about Steve Mac for maybe the first five minutes!

The board are on-board (sorry)

The management team are great. We couldn't better Mac, Simmo and Steelie.

The squad is getting stronger all the time and good players want to play for us.

Very significantly we did not suffer from being cruelly (but not unfairly) robbed of promotion in May.

It takes real strength of character to pick up where we left off but we did so in an entertaining way.

I still believe that we have not yet got into top gear but that anyone who wishes to challenge us for automatic promotion will have a hard job on their hands.

I would also be delighted to see a team like Bournemouth in the top flight.

Just as importantly, I believe that many of our best loan players will see their future as most secure by signing permanent contracts as we establish ourselves as a Premiership team.

Exciting times indeed!

PS I'd fancy the Rams' chances of being in the Premiership next season as greater than several of the teams who are in for a relegation scrap and a boring three months too!

Nigel laid a good foundation and left when he realised he had taken us as far as he could go.

!

He was sacked because he couldn't take us any further.

He didn't leave because he realised hd took us as far as he could.

SACKED!

Hence why he's so bitter about Sam Rush. Sam Rush, what a legend! :)

Archived