Here We Go!

RAMalicious

He was sacked because he couldn't take us any further.

He didn't leave because he realised hd took us as far as he could.

SACKED!

Hence why he's so bitter about Sam Rush. Sam Rush, what a legend! :)

Nowt wrong wi a wee bit o' subtle re-writing of history now and then.

The circumstances of his dad's departure are shrouded in deep blankets of mystery, yet I've never heard Sam Longson referred to as a legend.

Now, the recently, sadly, departed Sir Jack Hayward, THERE was a Legend!

PS, whilst we are in the mode of extreme pedantry,

The word is taken, not took.

We all eat bacon, not book.

The old ones are the best, and they don't get much older than me.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we beat Reading, it'll probably be until the 20th March with the Birmingham game moved midweek. It's a good job we've got a bigger squad now as they could well be needed. Mac will have to make sure he uses Hughes properly, if he's going to have to rest him at some point, not in the most important games! With Bent now as a second option up front, Hughes is the most important player in my opinion, and the best.

Yes true if that happens then the squad depth will be come even more important.....I wonder how important those last minute transfer deadline deals could prove to be!

Greatest one liner by a Derby player in years - Chris Martin:- In the 11 against 11 in training, either side could have started on Saturday.

How many teams could say that.

Rubber meets the road today. Every game is must win except for Middlesbrough and Middlesbrough where draws would suffice.

I have said this before and now I am repeating it - Steve McClaren is using the Man Utd model of two players for every position and a development squad pushing hard to make a name for themselves. Mourinho calls the second eleven the shadow players, they play just like their counterparts and slot straight in if someone is injured or out of form.

'Look how strong the bench is' has become redundant.' Look how strong the Shadow Eleven is', is much more appropriate. Whilst McClaren is here, it will always be like that.

Will Hughes is the MVP, most valuable player at Derby and must be taken off when a game is sewn up. We need him to start every league game but there is no need for him to play 90 minutes every game. COYR

It took McClaren 15 minutes to convince me.

Half time against Ipswich.

That's a game i'll never, NEVER forget.

Remember telling 2 lads at half time 'It'll end up 4-4'  :cool:

Wish I'd had a bet now  :)

Feel privileged to witness the transition from a Clough team to a Stevie Mac team all in one game. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived