You're the Ref. McClaren

Dr. Gonzo

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Award a free kick from the position of the back pass.

2. No goal. Both players booked.

3. Remove the goalkeeping coach.

Why is there a picture of Steve McClaren? As far as I can tell he is no way related to any of the three situations.

1. Award a free kick from the position of the back pass.

2. No goal. Both players booked.

3. Remove the goalkeeping coach.

Why is there a picture of Steve McClaren? As far as I can tell he is no way related to any of the three situations.

he's just really handsome

1. Indirect freekick

2. Stop play when they start taking their shirts off. Cards for both players, remind them that the match hasn't ended yet. Drop ball from where it was

3. He shouldn't even be out of his his technical area! Send him to the stands, include the poor sportmanship in the match report

1. Send the keeper off and point him towards the video of Barry Roche and the Coffee Cup on how to c0ck up a hashed clearance properly

2. Goal. Commend both players on their sportsmanship and taking victory/defeat in the right manner. The real question is, will it go down as an own goal?

3. Ask the trainer to move, but allow Steve McClaren to keep his over sized head blocking the left side of the goal, therefore giving the rookie keeper a better chance of saving it.  

Should have been a ref, me.

Ha! Paul Trevillion (The Beaver) still going strong!

I recall from my distant past that he invented some crazy type of putter (possibly the broomhandle?) and advocated a tennis serve that was lashed into the court with such severity that it bounce yards over the opponents head. I also recall that Evonne Goulagong came in for some strange treatment too.

A snippet from Wikipedia for your delectation. Wacky.

Paul Trevillion (born 11 March 1934)[1] is a British comic/sports artist, whose career spans fifty years.

Born in Tottenham, north London, Trevillion, produced artwork for publications like Eagle (comic) and TV Century 21 while still at school. From the 1960s to the 1980s, Trevillion devised and illustrated pieces for Daily Mirror, Daily Express, The Sun, The Daily Telegraph and The Times, and in 2006 revived his cult football cartoon You Are The Ref - made famous by football magazine Shoot! in the 1970s - for The Observer. A book collecting 50 years of You Are The Ref was published in October 2006.[2] From August 2008, You Are The Ref appeared online at guardian.co.uk.[3]

Trevillion, who spent much of the 1960s in the US working with Mark McCormack at IMG for some of the world's biggest brands, is the author and illustrator of over 20 books which have sold worldwide. He also illustrated the famous Gary Player Golf Class which appeared in over 300 newspapers worldwide.

He has met and drawn some of sport's biggest names, including http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pel%C3%A9' title="Pel

Archived