One gallon of water a day

Day

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beer of course, not bothering with the rest

Few pints more then , maybe ?

I have 3 pint mugs of tea every day , as well as a glass of milk , and a 1 litre bottle of flavoured water , + the water in my food , so I am a good way there without consciously drinking more .

Few pints more then , maybe ?

I have 3 pint mugs of tea every day , as well as a glass of milk , and a 1 litre bottle of flavoured water , + the water in my food , so I am a good way there without consciously drinking more .

It's a gallon of pure water, can't count tea, coffee or water in food

Supposed to give you more energy, lose weight, skin improves.

4.5 litres a day.

Day 1 today for me, anyone else tried it?....be right back just off for a pee.....

The idea behind it is that by drinking more water you're less likely to be hungry, and in turn this will prevent you from overeating and snacking etc. The net effect is that you'll take in less kcal over the day, not eat as much junk and ultimately it would be able to help with your health.

It's also well worth noting that being dehydrated can cause issues as well, but the vast majority of people don't dehydrate themselves. If you're not drinking enough, it can cause skin issues and make you feel lethargic. However, a person with a normal intake of water, going up to an excess isn't going to change anything.

So basically, if you're eating too much between meals, drinking too many sugary, or even just not drinking enough, being told to drink in excess can help. The point is though, that if you have a healthy intake, and aren't struggling to control your food intake, it really isn't going to do anything. About 2-3 litres a day should be about right for most people, but the key is that your body is the expert at telling you how much you really need (for the vast majority of people). If you're having issues at times, it might be worth trying an excess (as Daveo is doing), but unless you particularly love going to the toilet, it's unlikely to do much if you have a healthy intake.

It's well worth noting that you can actually drink too much water, and get "water poisoning". The proper term is Dilutional Hyponatremia, which essentially means that you're diluting your system with too much water, dangerously changing the balance of electrolytes in your system. This would require you drink over 24 litres per day (that includes the water in other drinks, food, etc.), but worth pointing out.

No way would I take in 24 litres in a day so pretty safe there, I get the idea that the water fills you up to stop snacking that's what I read and part of why I'm doing it.

3 pints down, thats 1.7 litres....will slow it down now till 5 ish

No way would I take in 24 litres in a day so pretty safe there, I get the idea that the water fills you up to stop snacking that's what I read and part of why I'm doing it.

3 pints down, thats 1.7 litres....will slow it down now till 5 ish

A warning for you, if you like sleep, get the drinking out of the way before 5-7ish. Nothing like needing to get up several times during the night as your body keeps processing all that water.

Archived