Transfer deadline day!!

-JW-

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't it be great to see us making a headline-grabbing statement? Bent, Warnock and Albentosa has already been well beyond my expectations for this window (and they are yet to play two hours of first team football between them), but how good could it get...

Imagine if we grabbed:

Darren Fletcher (2.5 year contract on a free)

Robert Huth (1.5 year on a free)

Matt Phillips (big money)

Luc Castaignos (bigger money)

Jordon Ibe (crazy money at the last minute as Liverpool are negotiating for a big name striker from the continent)

I'm really not worried about squad size - we have two games a week between now and March 7th. If we beat Reading in the Cup it's likely to be two games a week until March 21st. Everyone is going to play plenty.

I know we won't get any of the above (Phillips on loan is as close as it's going to get) but we're joint top of the league, and we are stopping the team coaches of La Liga clubs to transfer their best players on to private jets. Exciting times! I may be following Sky Sports until midnight for the first time in.... ever?

If Dawks hadn't come off injured I think we might have waited until the loan window, but now we won't risk it. We'll bring at least one winger in.

Atsu on fire at the African Cup on Nations, so won't be coming anytime soon.

Hoilett off to Germany.

Lennon is having second thoughts about going to Hull, so Ince might not be allowed to leave.

So I reckon it's either Matt Phillips or Luc Castaignos!

If Dawks hadn't come off injured I think we might have waited until the loan window, but now we won't risk it. We'll bring at least one winger in.

Hoilett off to Germany.

Lennon is having second thoughts about going to Hull, so Ince might not be allowed to leave.

But he played yesterday against Stoke though.

Would be happy if it's Matty Phillips and we're not getting Luc Castaignos anyway.

Cant wait me... Super Bowl tonight, going straight through to deadline day.. All nighter / dayer!

Not going to sleep until I know Will Hughes is a DCFC player till the summer at least.

And drink beers all day/night... Close at 11pm.

Hoilett off to Germany.

He came of because he was sausage and threw a hissy fit.

Archived