We have the same points as last season

Ovis aries

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to add to this... We realistically need 14/15 wins from our 19 remaining games

We have the following to play:

4 direct challengers for automatic

2 nearish challengers for playoffs

8 mid-table (could make playoffs if put on decent run)

5 relegation end scrappers

If we can beat everyone outside the top 6 we should do it... If we beat the 4 direct challengers we maybe buy ourselves more space for mistakes elsewhere

You think we'll need something like 93 points this season for auto? I doubt it.

Tony Cottee said last night on SSN that any team finishing above us would get promoted automatically the Oracle has spoken

Tony Cottee talks a load of absolute horse. And he looked as though he was in physical pain having to describe the fact that we had scored. I prefer it when they have the folks at the ground to in the studio. But why don't we ever seem to get Bianca at the i_pro?

Just to add to this... We realistically need 14/15 wins from our 19 remaining games

We have the following to play:

4 direct challengers for automatic

2 nearish challengers for playoffs

8 mid-table (could make playoffs if put on decent run)

5 relegation end scrappers

If we can beat everyone outside the top 6 we should do it... If we beat the 4 direct challengers we maybe buy ourselves more space for mistakes elsewhere

Don't see how you conclude that we need 14/15 wins from 19???

we have won 15 in 27 along with Bournemouth and Brentford  the other 3 in top 6 have won 14 do you honestly think that 2 other teams in the top 6 are going to win 14 out of 19 very very unlikely. I could be wrong though. I would think that if we won 12 max and drew 4 that would be enough for a top two finish.

Don't see how you conclude that we need 14/15 wins from 19???

we have won 15 in 27 along with Bournemouth and Brentford  the other 3 in top 6 have won 14 do you honestly think that 2 other teams in the top 6 are going to win 14 out of 19 very very unlikely. I could be wrong though. I would think that if we won 12 max and drew 4 that would be enough for a top two finish.

Probably not... But I'm working to that as a 'safe bet' total...

Statto (which I like for the pure stats side) is projecting us to finish top on 82:

http://www.statto.com/football/odds/ratings/england/league-championship

I know this im a massive fan of statto but take little notice of predicted points system they use a lot of that is based on current form. last 6 games I believe.

For what its worth it would not surprise me if the top 2 places were not decided until the last or penultimate game of the season this year. lets cross digits and hope that we are in the mix.

Average 2 points per game over the last 19 games and we, or anyone who does it currently in the top 5, will almost certainly get auto promotion. Nobody has done that so far this season, so 2 of the 5 now need to raise their game.

38 points - 11 wins, 5 draws and 3 losses. Perfectly feasible, if we can handle the pressure.

Average 2 points per game over the last 19 games and we, or anyone who does it currently in the top 5, will almost certainly get auto promotion. Nobody has done that so far this season, so 2 of the 5 now need to raise their game.

38 points - 11 wins, 5 draws and 3 losses. Perfectly feasible, if we can handle the pressure.

Also perfectly feasible for the other sides to do the same! It could look a lot different if those three losses were to Bournemouth, Boro and Watford rather than three sides a bit lower down.

Also perfectly feasible for the other sides to do the same! It could look a lot different if those three losses were to Bournemouth, Boro and Watford rather than three sides a bit lower down.

I said anyone in the top 5 Kernow, not just us. Statically it doesn't really matter if our losses are against the teams you state. 38 points is 38 points - doesn't really matter where you get them from. Only one or two of the top five are likely to average 2points per game over the next 19 we need to be one of them.

I said anyone in the top 5 Kernow, not just us. Statically it doesn't really matter if our losses are against the teams you state. 38 points is 38 points - doesn't really matter where you get them from. Only one or two of the top five are likely to average 2points per game over the next 19 we need to be one of them.

I know what you mean but as frustrating as it is to be losing points to lower sides, they're much safer on their tallies then on our rivals. Also, I could be wrong but I can't see any side averaging two points per game til the end of the season now. That would give 38 points, putting us on 89. 89 would be enough to win the league and maybe one side may reach around that total but I can't see two.

I know what you mean but as frustrating as it is to be losing points to lower sides, they're much safer on their tallies then on our rivals. Also, I could be wrong but I can't see any side averaging two points per game til the end of the season now. That would give 38 points, putting us on 89. 89 would be enough to win the league and maybe one side may reach around that total but I can't see two.

No your right - averaging 2 points per game is hard. Therefore anyone who does get another 38 I think are pretty assured of going up, whoever they accumulate the points from. And for the reall wrist slashers on here, I reinforce the point that we could lose 3 or even 4 in the run in, and still accumulate the 38 from other games.

No your right - averaging 2 points per game is hard. Therefore anyone who does get another 38 I think are pretty assured of going up, whoever they accumulate the points from. And for the reall wrist slashers on here, I reinforce the point that we could lose 3 or even 4 in the run in, and still accumulate the 38 from other games.

Too many people compare this season to last. "We've lost the same amount as Leicester lost all season." The season before second went up with 79 points and something like 15 losses. I'd happily put a fair amount on us getting more than 79 points. Impossible to guess what the total is going to be to go up, that's why Steve sets a points target that is going to put us in with a real chance of automatics.

Archived