Will Hughes - Liverpool

Simon Bradley

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Naturally, the best way to maximise their chances of obtaining the player would be for Liverpool to loan us a player who starts to become instrumental in our promotion push, then to recall him just 24 hours before a game against our local rivals - a game we ultimately lose.

Nice thinking, Liverpool. I'm sure that Derby will knock a few million off the asking-price seeing as how you were so considerate.

The problem will selling your best player is that you get a lump sum and try and replace the player by using it to buy two or three players of lesser value.  This is exactly what Liverpool did with the brass they got for Suarez.  You end up with lesser players and lose your quality.  Swansea are really going to miss Bony.

The problem will selling your best player is that you get a lump sum and try and replace the player by using it to buy two or three players of lesser value. This is exactly what Liverpool did with the brass they got for Suarez. You end up with lesser players and lose your quality. Swansea are really going to miss Bony.

Unless you're Southampton and you have an unbelievable scout who finds you even better unknown players for less money

Nixon told some One on twitter Liverpool have first refusal on Hughes when did that become about sumhow dont believe it

That was reported to be associated with the Wisdom loan.

Read between the lines on this one.

Derby are ready to sell if the valuation is met - well, no ****. If our unknown valuation of the player is met then we would probably sell. Same with Messi, Ronaldo, Bale....

Liverpool pole position - as far as I can tell they're the only team that's been interested in the last 24 months and he supporters them. I have no doubts they're in pole position. 

Basically, it's a story telling us Liverpool are interested and if our valuation of the player is met then we would sell him. It could be said about any player in any team in any league. 

Nixon told some One on twitter Liverpool have first refusal on Hughes when did that become about sumhow dont believe it

I will give Liverpool first refusal, second refusal and as many refusals as they want. Might consider

Archived