lack if squad depth

davenportram

I'm sick of reading people criticise and complain when we're seeing the best Derby team in a good few years right in front of our eyes. Hear all sorts of crap on here, on other Derby forums, on the Radio Derby moan-in, and then I get to the ground and in the South Stand I hear noise being made, but it's not supporting the team, it's whinging about this, that and the other. You've got no idea how good we have it here at Derby. Enjoy it while it's here for the love of god...

Noones saying its not the best team we've had for a while. But there is places in the squad with lack of options in times of injuries or suspension. Its not moaning to point this out.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sick of reading people criticise and complain when we're seeing the best Derby team in a good few years right in front of our eyes. Hear all sorts of crap on here, on other Derby forums, on the Radio Derby moan-in, and then I get to the ground and in the South Stand I hear noise being made, but it's not supporting the team, it's whinging about this, that and the other. You've got no idea how good we have it here at Derby. Enjoy it while it's here for the love of god...

Good post fella. Feel the same. Especially when I'm at the game.

Look forward to our matches nowadays where under Nigel it was more robotic. Yet there's the same stress and moaning all around me. People calling our players ****.

They do know that being anything more than a midtable average PL side is almost a dream. So unlikely. And why will losing 1-0 away to West Ham and 6-0 away to Chelsea annoy them less than drawing with Bolton.

Noones saying its not the best team we've had for a while. But there is places in the squad with lack of options in times of injuries or suspension. Its not moaning to point this out.

Can't speak for him but I think he means in general. Not specifically this thread

An I fear we will fair no better this season sometimes.

Wow, that's your fear, that we only get to Wembley?

We have no devine right to get promoted, there are 20 odd other teams trying to do the same.

After 5 years of mid table boredom and having to put up with players like coutts and freeman who as steady as they are we're not going to take us to the next level, the past 18 months have been a breath of fresh air. Unfortunately we haven't got an endless pit of money and bringing in quality players means some have to leave.

Wow, that's your fear, that we only get to Wembley?

We have no devine right to get promoted, there are 20 odd other teams trying to do the same.

After 5 years of mid table boredom and having to put up with players like coutts and freeman who as steady as they are we're not going to take us to the next level, the past 18 months have been a breath of fresh air. Unfortunately we haven't got an endless pit of money and bringing in quality players means some have to leave.

Makes spending money on a mid thirties injured player a little confusing.

Makes spending money on a mid thirties injured player a little confusing.

Not really, Bet he contributes more in the next few months than both freeman and coutts have done for the past 18 and would have done for the next 6

Missing on quality starting winger for me and that's all we need. We had it with Ibe and I'm really confident someone will come in soon.

Otherwise we have two players for every position. Can't start signing people because of injuries. Just have to deal with it.

So I would only sign a player if they are better than what we have.

TobyWanKenobi

I'm worried about the impact a meteor could have on our team.

If there was a meteorite, or some kind of other interstellar phenomenon that hits our team bus, we could lose multiple players in one go.

I propose we order a meteorite proof team bus, and as temporary measure, while it is being built we sign a complete new 16 players, of equal quality or better to what we currently have . While traveling to games, we must take two different squads, both on separate busses, taking separate routes to the ground in order to 100% guarantee that we have a strong team all the time to cover for any meteor based eventuality.

Coutts was injured for most of the past 18 months.

I don't think we will see Warnock play much to be honest.

Maybe not, but I guess he sees the need of left back cover greater than what coutts could offer.

Missing on quality starting winger for me and that's all we need. We had it with Ibe and I'm really confident someone will come in soon.

Otherwise we have two players for every position. Can't start signing people because of injuries. Just have to deal with it.

So I would only sign a player if they are better than what we have.

Two players in every position, dont make me laugh ,tell me one fit defensive mid field player, come on, just one.

I'm worried about the impact a meteor could have on our team.

If there was a meteorite, or some kind of other interstellar phenomenon that hits our team bus, we could lose multiple players in one go.

I propose we order a meteorite proof team bus, and as temporary measure, while it is being built we sign a complete new 16 players, of equal quality or better to what we currently have . While traveling to games, we must take two different squads, both on separate busses, taking separate routes to the ground in order to 100% guarantee that we have a strong team all the time to cover for any meteor based eventuality.

Surely this is why we have a meteor center, to attract such interstellar incursions during a match?

The only victims in said event are cinema goers, poundshoppers, and sofa buyers, all of which kinda deserve to die for putting these activities before watching Derby, harsh as it may seem.

We haven't been linked at all to a winger - poor planning not to have a target in the pipeline just in case.

The emergency loan window doesn't open till early Feb. We could quite simply be waiting till then as we can't make any more perminent signings with Financial Fair Play. Let's see what happens in a fortnight - till then chill out!

The emergency loan window doesn't open till early Feb. We could quite simply be waiting till then as we can't make any more perminent signings with Financial Fair Play. Let's see what happens in a fortnight - till then chill out!

I'm chilled out. Just because I comment about a perceived problem doesn't mean I need to chill out.

Unbelievable.

After so many seasons of mid table, snooze from January, lifeless stuff, for a second season running we are playing for something.

Why the heck can't people enjoy this moment? Our squad is the strongest it has been for ages. Just take a look at the Bris thread, Robinson and Doyle upfront!! I know people always like a good moan, but this is moaning for moanings sake. If McClaren feels we need more cover...it will happen. Just amazes me how long people put up with midtable, but a second season of chasing promotion is frustrating them more...

I am now looking to the skies for that impending meteor...

Unbelievable.

After so many seasons of mid table, snooze from January, lifeless stuff, for a second season running we are playing for something.

Why the heck can't people enjoy this moment? Our squad is the strongest it has been for ages. Just take a look at the Bris thread, Robinson and Doyle upfront!! I know people always like a good moan, but this is moaning for moanings sake. If McClaren feels we need more cover...it will happen. Just amazes me how long people put up with midtable, but a second season of chasing promotion is frustrating them more...

I am now looking to the skies for that impending meteor...

100% agree...

Archived