2015 Formula One Championship

CumbrianRam

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just the Force India scheme but in reverse. Bizarre. They complain about not having a title sponsor, but what organisation would want their brand diluted by putting it on a car which looks identical to someone else's?

I thought title sponsors should be willing to pay extra to have input into the livery design.

If that makes the grid like that, I'd love it. It won't though..

Apparently they're still going to do something different with their actual livery.

Slightly OT but can we take a moment for Nissan's LMP1 car which they revealed in a half time Super Bowl ad. Shows how far behind F1 is in terms of technology and innovation to endurance racing these days.

Apparently they're still going to do something different with their actual livery.

Slightly OT but can we take a moment for Nissan's LMP1 car which they revealed in a half time Super Bowl ad. Shows how far behind F1 is in terms of technology and innovation to endurance racing these days.

If it's anything like the GT-R (which is an absolute pleasure to drive) this will be scary.. The first properly good looking LMP car too, imo. 

Harsh to compare to F1 though, the two are different purpose.

If it's anything like the GT-R (which is an absolute pleasure to drive) this will be scary.. The first properly good looking LMP car too, imo. 

Harsh to compare to F1 though, the two are different purpose.

Ooh I dunno, love the Porsche too.

Harsh to compare maybe, but I think Formula One should be the pinnacle. There's quite a few areas in which it's lagging behind to other series but I guess it doesn't really matter much because with Bernie's predatory attitude to media coverage of anything else in motorsport, barely anybody would know it.

Yeah I love the idea of doing something different in LMP like Nissan have done.

First the Delta wing and now this front engine car.

IMO its the regulations that are making LMP more interesting for the manufacturers.

There is a lot that can be done (both aero and with the engine rules) so it allows them to try different things and stand out from the pack.

Archived