Cardifframs

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh oh... Forest fans are talking about the play-offs again! :lol:

Let's do the maths:
Forest are currently 9th on 47 points. 

Wolves are currently 8th on 54 points.
Brentford are currently 7th on 58 points.
Watford are currently 6th on 59 points.
Norwich are currently 5th on 59 points.
Bournemouth are currently 4th on 59 points.
Ipswich are currently 3rd on 60 points.
Boro are currently 2nd on 62 points.
Us, we, the Rams are currently 1st on 65 points. 

39 points to play for and Forest are currently 12 points behind. I'd guess that the bottom team in the play-offs this season will finish on around 80 points, therefore, I think Forest would need to win 11 of their remaining 13 games in order to get in. 

I guess they could win 10 and draw three, though. 

Personally I'd love for us to go up, and them to finish 7th, just missing out by a point or GD - them beating us at the iPro will have made absolutely no difference, whereas our point at Ghetto Central will have deprived them of a place in the playoffs.

Sadly, I doubt they'll get anywhere near the playoffs though. 

Just seen, 24% possession and 55% pass rate... 1 in 3 pass was labelled as 'long' 

The most bizarre thing, though, is Jamaal Lascelles. I'm completely lost on how this is possible.

He attempted eight passes with a 25% accuracy, ergo landing two passes. However, he had four shots with two hitting the target. He played the full game, yet only landed two passes on target. I don't even know how that's possible.

Then again, I'm still stumped on how Ipswich beat Charlton 3-0 having made less than 90 successful passes in the whole game! 

Just seen, 24% possession and 55% pass rate... 1 in 3 pass was labelled as 'long' 

The most bizarre thing, though, is Jamaal Lascelles. I'm completely lost on how this is possible.

He attempted eight passes with a 25% accuracy, ergo landing two passes. However, he had four shots with two hitting the target. He played the full game, yet only landed two passes on target. I don't even know how that's possible.

Then again, I'm still stumped on how Ipswich beat Charlton 3-0 having made less than 90 successful passes in the whole game! 

I can't believe what I'm seeing here, some Forest fan please tell me this can't be right. 

In 90 minutes of football, Collins and Lascelles have attempted 16 passes between them and only five have hit their target.  Karl Darlow attempted the most passes for Forest - 30 - landing on eight. 

NINE Bournemouth players made more accurate passes than the highest Forest player [Osborn, with 19]. Andrew Surman made 90 accurate passes, to show you just how much difference there was. 

It strikes me like the sort of numbers you would get in a cup upset. In fact, it's the joint lowest number of passes made in a game this season - equal with Blackpool away at Fulham. 

It's the sort of numbers that you would associate with a side not good enough for this division, but they won. I'd have to watch the match to see how, but they won.  

Forest have hit on a very sneaky tactic.

They've started positioning Porky Fat Trotters behind the opposition goal and sneakily placed a pork pie inside the ball. 

Trotters' Magneto-style powers (with food rather than metal) then take hold and they're off to the races.

Playing to their strengths, smart.

Accurate passes in matches this season: 

Top 5:
Rotherham v Middlesbrough - 564
Wolves v Fulham - 562
Charlton v Derby - 560
Derby v Charlton - 557
Bournemouth v Huddersfield - 553

Bottom 5:
Middlesbrough v Blackburn - 138
Brentford v Blackpool - 121
Watford v Cardiff - 119
Fulham v Blackpool - 108
Forest v Bournemouth - 108

Staggering stuff. I'd heard some Forest fans praising the football against Bournemouth, too. 

Archived