The Fawaz Circus 2015

Cardifframs

They involve me working from what we can offer players.  We've been chasing Lansbury since this time last year, through the January window and into this preseason - we'll have known what wages he's expecting and wouldn't have chased otherwise.  Working from there it's not much of a leap to make assumptions about what you would be paying Shackell because, as I've said, it would have to be at the very least the same we can offer.

Anyway, off topic and we're retreading tired ground.  Hopefully we'll give you further reason to laugh at Forest by stealing their captain.  The bitter tweets would be, I'm sure, an absolute gold-mine.

Not sure if you've seen in the recent days, but we've also been heavily linked with Antonio. Their local paper ran an article saying they've rejected a £5m bid but our local paper and Dougie Freedman denied this. So it appears as though his agent is doing all he can to get him a pay rise that they'd probably struggle to offer due to FFP. Oh and they had yet another winding up order yesterday .... it's all going well for our neighbours :thumbsup:

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They involve me working from what we can offer players.  We've been chasing Lansbury since this time last year, through the January window and into this preseason - we'll have known what wages he's expecting and wouldn't have chased otherwise.  Working from there it's not much of a leap to make assumptions about what you would be paying Shackell because, as I've said, it would have to be at the very least the same we can offer.

Anyway, off topic and we're retreading tired ground.  Hopefully we'll give you further reason to laugh at Forest by stealing their captain.  The bitter tweets would be, I'm sure, an absolute gold-mine.

You take their captain, we'll see if we can get their main attacking threat.

Then we can both stand back and watch Kenny Burns go nuclear.........which is to say he'll be a complete no-go zone for the next 100 years or so unless he's smothered in 20 feet of concrete.....:lol::lol::lol:

I just find it odd that Dyche always rambles on about wage caps, surely it can't be that low is you're willing to give Lansbury a reported 23k a week. Shackell can't be on a vastly higher wage than that, surely? 

It's all guess work really. I personally think our top earners are Ince (30k), Bent (25k), Weimann (25k), Bryson (25k) and Shackell (20-25K). Really high for a Championship club but I still doubt we'd be in the top 5 for wage bills in the league

It's all guess work really. I personally think our top earners are Ince (30k), Bent (25k), Weimann (25k), Bryson (25k) and Shackell (20-25K). Really high for a Championship club but I still doubt we'd be in the top 5 for wage bills in the league

I'd go along with that. High wages, especially when compared with it 3 seasons ago! But, QPR, Hull, Boro and Cardiff will have higher wage bills for sure! 

I'd go along with that. High wages, especially when compared with it 3 seasons ago! But, QPR, Hull, Boro and Cardiff will have higher wage bills for sure! 

Yep and more than likely Fulham and possibly Blackburn (45k a week for Rhodes!) and Forest (although they did recently release Abdoun and a couple of other who were on tons)

Forgot Fulham, them definitely. I'd say Blackburn and Forest in similar brackets to us!

Yep and we're labelled as the 'big spenders' and if we don't get automatics it will be considered a failure, but by the end of the window I'd imagine Boro, QPR, Sheff Wed and Hull will have all spent more than us

If Shackell's agent only managed to get him £20k then he needs to change career.

I'd say your wage bill would be higher than Boro's.  I'd put you 4th/5th in a top 5 for wage bills with QPR, Hull, Fulham and Cardiff.  Blackburn have trimmed back quite a lot (apart from Rhodes) on their wage bill and Forest have been limited by FFP so are probably short of that top 5 on a similar level to us.

Yep and we're labelled as the 'big spenders' and if we don't get automatics it will be considered a failure, but by the end of the window I'd imagine Boro, QPR, Sheff Wed and Hull will have all spent more than us

If we decide to buy someone with Hughes out for over half the season that might push is into their bracket though. Not many Hughes quality players available on loan, if any.

If Shackell's agent only managed to get him £20k then he needs to change career.

I'd say your wage bill would be higher than Boro's.  I'd put you 4th/5th in a top 5 for wage bills with QPR, Hull, Fulham and Cardiff.  Blackburn have trimmed back quite a lot (apart from Rhodes) on their wage bill and Forest have been limited by FFP so are probably short of that top 5 on a similar level to us.

4th/5th, I wouldn't argue with that. But that's not bad considering we're hoping to go up automatically. Someone's gotta be at the top...

If we decide to buy someone with Hughes out for over half the season that might push is into their bracket though. Not many Hughes quality players available on loan, if any.

True, but most of those have been linked to some expensive strikers so they're likely to double what they've already spent where as I can't see us spending those figures on a Hughes' replacement

Forest have only just been put under the embargo and still have some well paid players. Tesche, who would struggle to make their bench when most players are fit is on  30k a week so I assume players like Mancienne and Assombalonga are on similar if not more. 

And yes we've given out some larger contracts this window, but we've also released 10 players, a few of which where on decent sized deals. We've loaned out players like Sammon, Albentosa and Roos and you'd imagine the loaning team would be paying some if not all of their wages. So while we've added a lot to the wage bill, we've also got rid of around near a 100k per week from it (estimate) 

The comedic genius, Kieran has come up with another classic on LTLF. In response to Hughes' injury:

"Oh that's his injury? I thought it was divingcheatingalbinhosausage-itis."

Definitely saving that one for later, instant classic! 

The average level of Championship wit will dramatically fall when Forest get relegated. Such a shame really.

So you honestly think a player would look at one deal from his current club at £30k per week for 3 years and one at another club for £23k per week for 3 years and go "You know what?  An extra £1 million over the last three years of my career, no thanks"

Those figures are obviously hypothetical but if you think we can offer £30k to a new player why wouldn't we make the same offer to our captain?  And if we did then you think his agent wouldn't take that figure to the club trying to sign him and get it matched in negotiations?

So one club has to pay a higher wage than the other? Could we not have matched your offer and he chose us instead of you? Maybe you only wanted to give an extra year and we offered 3? There are too many ifs, buts and maybes to say why he left. And we have no idea what he was on before and what he is now.

So one club has to pay a higher wage than the other? Could we not have matched your offer and he chose us instead of you? Maybe you only wanted to give an extra year and we offered 3? There are too many ifs, buts and maybes to say why he left. And we have no idea what he was on before and what he is now.

Don't want to retread old ground, if you read my posts in this topic you'd see I've already talked around those points.

I'm really bored of reading about Burnley and their poverty.lIf we're spending more than we can afford then we'll get an embargo won't we? I can hear the chants at Turf Moor now.

"We spend sensibly

we spend sensibleeeeee

We're not in administration

and neither are Derby" 

and 

"EIEIEIO 

Let inland revenue and customs know

our balance sheets are awesome, our profit margins are high

When we get promotion, we get paid from Sky."

Archived