Omar mascarell - too much , much too young

Debaser

One thing you can guarantee about Mascarell, he's not going to make it at Real Madrid.

He doesn't even stand out in the Championship.

Exactly my view on debut ... 4 passes went a stray ......some simple, and the second one to Christie that went into touch Christie blanked him in shock/anger as lined up for throw in to be taken.

Watching closely last night the first goal, reminded me of someone running from crime scene, looking back to see if being followed .....and he was being followed before full back took sharp turn and off down the middle into our box !!

Cant slate him for one error, but does indicate

1) he is no stand out player

2) does make mistakes - often

3) Will never play fro Madrid first team

he has some ability, mainly in moving ball quickly .... is mobile, but clearly has not played CDM role successfully

Remember, the Madrid B Team got relegated last year ....... again not all his fault, but would indicate they were not a strong united, successful team ......

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly my view on debut ... 4 passes went a stray ......some simple, and the second one to Christie that went into touch Christie blanked him in shock/anger as lined up for throw in to be taken.

Watching closely last night the first goal, reminded me of someone running from crime scene, looking back to see if being followed .....and he was being followed before full back took sharp turn and off down the middle into our box !!

Cant slate him for one error, but does indicate

1) he is no stand out player

2) does make mistakes - often

3) Will never play fro Madrid first team

he has some ability, mainly in moving ball quickly .... is mobile, but clearly has not played CDM role successfully

Remember, the Madrid B Team got relegated last year ....... again not all his fault, but would indicate they were not a strong united, successful team ......

Was it 4 forward passes that went astray? Funny really because I'd guess he has a better pass completion than Eustace and that's with all of Eustace's going backwards to defenders.

I'd rather see Mascarell play instead of Bryson or in a more attacking role.

I dont think he's suited to holding midfield though, doesnt seem to have the nous or positional sense. Holding mid is all about being in the right place. As much as I dont rate Eustace much, he's knows what he should be doing there. 

I'd like to see Eustace holding, with Mascarell and Hughes in front. The experienced player doing the defensive job, with two busy, technically good players getting around the pitch making things happen. 

Was it 4 forward passes that went astray? Funny really because I'd guess he has a better pass completion than Eustace and that's with all of Eustace's going backwards to defenders.

Two were out wide to Christie .......so wide, but slightly forward ..both found touch and were played with no one near him.

Another was in the CDM position ...he side footed it straight up in air as opposed to forward to a player .....

I wanted/want him to succeed.  For the hype he came with he is not of standard I believed he would be.

Would be good to see his stats, and hope he keeps improving, but defending as he did for the first goal Saturday is not encouraging.

I don't blame Hughes for the 2nd goal he was trying to get back just as Omar was for the 1st.

The problem was we were too open at times

Eustace does add experience in there but he often gets bypassed as well .

It's all about this and that if you know what I mean.

Mac has a tricky decision for Huddersfield as they have a big physical side

Play Eustace and try and be more solid maybe or play Omar and go for it .

The Manager must decide but Id go with Omar ,Hughes and Hendrick.

It's tricky though as we also have Bryson to consider.

You got it right Steve.

Martin needs to get his shooting boots on though in fact he needs a new pair. Lol

We did well against a good Trotters side on a role with Chris Powell.

Was impressed with Omar's passing and movement today, well worth continuing to persevere with him in home games but would still be dubious away as we seemed very open tonight for whatever reason and looked very shaky when they had the ball.

Really pleased for Omar tonight ....cannot fault his effort and willingness to receive the ball....first 20minutes were fine, a couple of stray passes crept in ..giving the ball away and putting pressure straight onto us. Never affected him, and he continued to get all over the areas he is supposed to cover.

On this form he stays in .....

We were more open, but equally we could have won 4-1 if Martin had just of reacted a second quicker to ibe's fizzing cross in least 10 minutes...so whilst we appeared open need to appreciate we went for the win....Will and Jeff both played very advanced roles a times Will was staying up as a centre forward almost...

Omar showing he can hack it at this level.....provided he can play like that every game

I still don't get what it is that people have seen to make them so sure he's not up to the job, and the thread title just seems mad to me.

As I said in the match thread, more performances like tonight, and opinions will sway. 

Russell was the only player on the pitch who played as well as him.

I still don't get what it is that people have seen to make them so sure he's not up to the job, and the thread title just seems mad to me.

As I said in the match thread, more performances like tonight, and opinions will sway. 

Russell was the only player on the pitch who played as well as him.

Agreed, would rather win scoring plenty of goals and concdeing a few than tight clean sheets win, harder to score goals than keep them out,.

Thought Omar played ok last night but imo eustace has better defensive know how and will be needed more for say example sat vs wolves

Just woke up from a nightmare of Sakho cutting inside and squaring up Eustace.

Archived