January Window

Jayweb95

Anybody you'd like to see come in on loan? Feel we have a great squad, if anything in my eyes send best back, disappointed me.. I was one that said he'd do well here but he's let me down.. Since he's apparently on big money sent him back and bring in either a hungry young kid or bring someone in who has prem experience. Besides that id say a new CB?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have best for the whole season. He cannot go back. Best needs some goals at al a lower level to get his confidence up.

Leon Best has a remarkably poor goal scoring record for a forward.

Despite playing at some of the lower level teams, from 243 appearances, he has only managed 54 goals.

That equates to one goal for every 4.5 games played.

I'm not sure what McClaren saw in Best when he brought him to the club but it certainly wasn't his goalscoring ability.

Despite playing at some of the lower level teams, from 243 appearances, he has only managed 54 goals.

I'm not sure what McClaren saw in Best when he brought him to the club but it certainly wasn't his goalscoring ability.

We could say the exact same thing about Conor Sammon... ;)

We could say the exact same thing about Conor Sammon... ;)

At least Best has looked like a footballer though. If Sammon has always been so terrible I'm not sure how he got to the Scottish top flight, the reserves of a PL team, a Championship team and international caps.

I guess people must really like his energy because if you can't pass, shoot, head or control then that's an impressive CV.

He's basically an intelligent dog.

When at the wendies last season it took best a few games to get match fit, once fit a few wendie fans I know said he was a decent player, maybe he's the sort of player who needs to play consistently to get some form? Somehow with Martin here, I don't think we will see the best of mr best

I would look for someone in the premiership that has recently lost their place (to some incoming superstar/s) or returning from injury and needs games - someone with quality.

Gnabry - Arsenal, (some kid from Chelsea / Man City - who needs games)

Abroad - where are the Dutch and Argentinian contacts going to come through?

The first thing I checked when we signed. Where has he played his best football??

Archived