Ibe

DerbyRam!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think people are getting abit carried away with Ibe, he looks exciting dont get me wrong, but "20 million", ..."better than sterling".... "he's guaranteed for England"... ? he's just played his first full 90 for us in the cup, against Reading. i really hope he does well but the future isnt all mapped out for him. he's going to have to work really hard to stay in our team, he's a luxury player. i'd have him hungry and coming off the bench for a few more games yet. good luck to him mind. hope he tares the league up with us

i think people are getting abit carried away with Ibe, he looks exciting dont get me wrong, but "20 million", ..."better than sterling".... "he's guaranteed for England"... ? he's just played his first full 90 for us in the cup, against Reading. i really hope he does well but the future isnt all mapped out for him. he's going to have to work really hard to stay in our team, he's a luxury player. i'd have him hungry and coming off the bench for a few more games yet. good luck to him mind. hope he tares the league up with us

I'm telling you what I have heard from within Liverpool Football Club itself, and from those I know personally that are close to the boy and have worked with him. They are saying it ... 

I agree entirely - no one man has a divine right to a shirt ... he must earn it - but believe me, the kid is special, mark my words.

Superb last night; direct, strong, went inside and out, willing to shoot, defenders had no idea where he was going.

His abiliity to change direction while keeping the ball glued to his feet was fantastic to watch. 

Like Hughes, you'd pay money just to go and watch him.

Did you go last night? Either you didn't therefore you don't know what you're talking about because you didn't see him play, or you did and know nothing about football.  :)

I was sitting there at the match last night wondering how long it would be before this thread would be started.

Some players are sent out on loan to get players off the wage bill and they would be sold at the drop of a hat (Whitbread last season, Best)

Some players are sent out on loan to get players playing experience and it would take ridiculous offers to prise them away if at all (Osman, Wisdom, Bamford, Mascarell, Ibe)

I really do not think it is that hard to distinguish between the two categories most of the time.

Agree ...apart from there is no chance Mascarell will play for Madrid ...he is on the "to be sold" list !

Ibe was superb, repeated his Blackburn performance but for a whole 90minutes.

With more game time he will be even more awesome.  At times he knew getting to the by line was not best thing to do as we were not getting forward as quick as he was moving with the ball

He showed great awareness, and even at end of game had the same energy levels to want to run with the ball.....he made them look tired from the first minute onwards

Probably not as much overall impact as we need to get used to playing with such a player.

Hopefully going to be immoveable from the Team

Im a liverpool fan and its good to see ibe getting praised and hopefully he will get a lot of minutes on the pitch. He is highly rated at liverpool and i hope he does well for you guys. He is one year exactly younger than sterling but he is still  very young and has a lot to learn. In preaseason for us he was good but his finishing needed to improve alot. This will come with experience and game time. Enjoy him for the rest the of the season and who knows we might loan him back to you guys in the premiership next season..

He looks to be a very special young player.His pace and creativity are quite extraordinary.

I am very happy we have him right now and I feel he should be a starter now.Can we buy him?Not unless a Sheikh buys us in the next few months,thats just the way it is.

Enjoy his contribution while we can.We could possibly have him loaned to us again if we get promoted,but I see him making Liverpool senior squad.

He looks to be a very special young player.His pace and creativity are quite extraordinary.

I am very happy we have him right now and I feel he should be a starter now.Can we buy him?Not unless a Sheikh buys us in the next few months,thats just the way it is.

Enjoy his contribution while we can.We could possibly have him loaned to us again if we get promoted,but I see him making Liverpool senior squad.

Think you need to take another look at our investors. Collectively they have a net worth of around $2.5bn. If we include Mel Morris. We are not backed by peasants. 

Think you need to take another look at our investors. Collectively they have a net worth of around $2.5bn. If we include Mel Morris. We are not backed by peasants.

I know our owners.What I am saying is that if we do get promoted and wanted to buy Ibe,Liverpool imo would want at least 12-14 for him,probably more,and no way we would pay that much.They imo expect him to be on their senior squad next season and I think he will.

I know our owners.What I am saying is that if we do get promoted and wanted to buy Ibe,Liverpool imo would want at least 12-14 for him,probably more,and no way we would pay that much.They imo expect him to be on their senior squad next season and I think he will.

You just implied we need a rich Sheikh to buy him. Regardless, no money will get him. He has a bright future for Liverpool and England. 

You would think so but was apparently breaking into their team during pre season and supposedly highly rated

That has been the real mystery to me !

Bu the Madrid B Team being relegated last season, and memories of Candido Costa in my mind left me admittedly suspicious. The way he sprayed the ball into touch two times vs Rotherham left me very worried. Hence am glad he played well last night ...everyone wanted him to do well ... where as a player close to Madrid's first team you want to see standing out.

I personally think he was played in Madrid's pre season as a mechanism to ensure he got a good loan placement.  Also to get to see him play, but I can't imagine he overly impressed at the level he would need to at Madrid.

It is worth remembering a different type player, but Bueno from Spain got gradually worse as teams got used to how to play him ...

Mascarell seems to at least be getting better

Archived