Chris martin, fans favourite to being everyone's least favourite

South Ram

Martin only has 3 goals in 7 games, that Arsealorrawonga guy has got 8 goals already, we should have bought him instead of that crock Thorne.

Seriously we do depend on Martin a lot , we cant afford for him to lose form. Wardy is getting the goals at the moment  maybe his goals can replace Bryson's which have dried up. So long as as someone steps up to the plate we should be fine.  But we need Martin to be scoring regularly too.

good point

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Martin only has 3 goals in 7 games, that Arsealorrawonga guy has got 8 goals already, we should have bought him instead of that crock Thorne.

Seriously we do depend on Martin a lot , we cant afford for him to lose form. Wardy is getting the goals at the moment  maybe his goals can replace Bryson's which have dried up. So long as as someone steps up to the plate we should be fine.  But we need Martin to be scoring regularly too.

Bit of a "trigger-happy" reaction there, Pistol...  [takes a bow]

I think it's well known that Martin provides a lot more to the team than just goals. One of our strengths last season was that goals came from everywhere. If anything Forest are relying on Assombalonga more than we are of Martin.

And anyway who gives a **** how Forest strikers are doing. We just produced the sort of performance that got everyone cooing last season. It'll all come good. Keep the faith :)

last night on match day chat

What was said? Do you think maybe comments were a bit of a knee- jerk reaction? I had commentary on me phone and Rammage basically said he should have done better when Martin skied it, when he should have scored. Sounded so disappointed but more probably at the miss, not Martin. He'll come good, and when he does he'll knock a few in.

Is somebody winding me up? I need to start getting more sleep because I am starting to hallucinate.

Some of you are absolutely bone idle in the way you look at the game.

Thorne is apparently now a crock, and Martin is a hate figure.

Yes I agree ... if we are too reliant on Martin within our side ... best to drop him and look elsewhere. Also - a goals to games ratio of 1 in 2 is absolutely f#cking atrocious. Get rid.

Did you even watch the game last night? The guy was immense in every aspect of hold up play.Anyone who knows even the slightest smidgen about the game will tell you that.

Something, as it seems to have escaped your attention, that is absolutely vital, particularly away from home and you are under pressure. Centre forwards who can make the ball 'stick' are worth their weight in gold ...

Martin also has a scoring record to add to it that should keep any potential doubters quiet.

Too much FIFA Soccer and Champ Manager for you mate.

Is somebody winding me up? I need to start getting more sleep because I am starting to hallucinate.

Some of you are absolutely bone idle in the way you look at the game.

Thorne is apparently now a crock, and Martin is a hate figure.

Yes I agree ... if we are too reliant on Martin within our side ... best to drop him and look elsewhere. Also - a goals to games ratio of 1 in 2 is absolutely f#cking atrocious. Get rid.

Did you even watch the game last night? The guy was immense in every aspect of hold up play.Anyone who knows even the slightest smidgen about the game will tell you that.

Something, as it seems to have escaped your attention, that is absolutely vital, particularly away from home and you are under pressure. Centre forwards who can make the ball 'stick' are worth their weight in gold ...

Martin also has a scoring record to add to it that should keep any potential doubters quiet.

Too much FIFA Soccer and Champ Manager for you mate.

I think I have wound you up... these were meant to be tongue in cheek comments....that's why I said "But seriously...."

And the serious point is that when we play with only one striker, we need that striker to score a lot of goals.

Last year Martin and Bryson scored over 40 goals between them. Bryson's not likely to repeat his feat, maybe others like Hughes Hendrick and Ward will score more. Martin does offer a lot more than goals but if he aint scoring we need to find goals from somewhere. Last year we had Bamford, will Best score enough?  I dont know. Russell hasnt scored at all yet either. I just like to see the goals flowing in I'm greedy me!

A lot of people have turned against him, by the looks of it, I don't understand why

If they have, then a lot of people are idiots - probably the same idiots who 'hate' Simon Dawkins. I really feel that they would be much happier down the other end of Brian Clough Way.

TOTALLY AGREE ....Will Hughes MOM ..but he fed ball into and back from Martin loads......early in game WIll tricked two players on edge of box, and scopped ball up and thru gap for Martin ...they then too Will out ...Ref ignored advantage a sMartin forced wide to collect it

Ibe should have crossed for a Martin tap in, but had a strong shot into side netting.

Martin not snatching at chances, is still confident ...he dragged ball back, had perfect position to shoot at death, Robinson kept it out ......

Lovely move in second half, fast paced passing on break ..Martin heavily involved .......

He is playing well, just not scoring ...in a team that is scoring....we really should of had 4 or 5

His first half shot was not easy to take first time .....he took it on and thumped it hard ...did not sky it ....

Diving header from edge of box .....into bottom corner ...saved

Martin does not berate players .....just looked skywards ...true Team Player in every sense

Archived