Book idea

AmericanRam

I have been toying around with a novel I have been wanting to write for about 3 years now about a former Derby star turned private investigator.I have the plot set(a player still on the squad is found dead in his flat,and my protaganist is main suspect having to solve the case to clear himself).I have wrote some ideas down and some chapter outlines.I hope to self-publish it first than look for a buyer :)

Just need help:What is a good name for my main character as I cant find one I like(using first person and calling him 'C' right now)? What locales around Derby should be included? Any other suggestions? I also am intending on having real teams mentioned besides Derby that my character discusses if I can.

Thanks mates :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It might also be good if the player was an ex-keeper.

Pacing around. Concentrating . observing. Deep thinking.

Brave...agile....able to jump over things......

Perhaps if he looked a bit like Tom Selleck?

Perhaps if he was called Eric Steele

That would be a good name.

P.s. Remember to say that all characters appearing in this work are entirely fictitious.

Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

It might also be good if the player was an ex-keeper.

Pacing around. Concentrating . observing. Deep thinking.

Brave...agile....able to jump over things......

Perhaps if he looked a bit like Tom Selleck?

Perhaps if he was called Eric Steele

That would be a good name.

P.s. Remember to say that all characters appearing in this work are entirely fictitious.

Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Good ideas mate.I have wrote four chapters now and my main character is a retired gk mainly due to its the position I played and tbh they are most intelligent person the pitch imo.

Archived