Two games in: Why it's different from last season

Ambitious

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for dawkins.....

I thought he played ok in the first half, but just before half time he started to get sloppy.

In the second half, two Derby attacks both went awry when Dawkins lost possession on the edge of their box, in front of the Derby fans.

Then he flapped a weak volley out of play - right in front of the away end - which brought the first cat calls.

I think it was the fact that ward was subbed rather than dawks which didn't help.

Then he let a simple pass go under his foot and out of play.

When he was subbed he copped for some of the fans frustration.

But he did have a poor second half.

WOW ....some folk are a little edgy at the moment.  We've only played 3 games ffs.

How many have we lost? How many has Grant let in? 0

Liverpool and Man City we're both had lucky results yesterday, poor performances and you don't see them getting a hammering.

The performances will come and we'll be fine......

I wonder if some of the fans frustrations are entirely to do with last season. Had we had a mediocre season, this start would have been fine however ii wonder if some fans like me to a certain extent thought that last season was our chance, a written in the stars affair with Mac returning and us catching the majority of the league cold.

I think that fans with that concern see that we havnt bolted out of tge gates and it potentially reinforces that feeling. For me, its way too early to have any definitive view but i can see why some perhaps jump the gun.

Keep the faith tho guys!! And girls!!

COYR

I feel that the reason for our indifferent feelings to the way we that we are playing is due to the football that we saw in the last half of last season, it was fast paced one touch passing and the midfield were all on the same wavelength, they each knew their roles and the opposition was just swept away, in the first three games of this season there has been one massive difference that is causing our lack of fluid football, its the reason that we were all so positive at the start of this new season, its George Thorne !! Are we a one man team ?? No ! but he makes such a massive difference to our team performance, so much of the ball goes through him and to him, he breaks up play and he starts moves, those pin point passes that split the opposition that he puts through the centre etc, we have much the same team as last season but we don't have him making the play or controlling the ball from CDM, he is also a great talker on the pitch and in my view will be our captain next season, once we adjust to him not being there we will be ok but the sooner he returns the better. COYR !!!

Teams in several leagues around the world are just starting to get their feet wet in their seasons, and their will be some nervousness and perhaps over excitement as such

Perhaps the nervousness and over excitement is why they are getting their feet wet? Over here on this forum though American Ram there are a few who are doing a bit more than just pi$$ing themselves, and a good few of us think it stinks. Hopefully a win tomorrow will settle our tummies.

We are more suited to away games with our style. I can see us winning tomorrow and putting a good performance in.

The thing is that Sheff Wed had a good end to last season and are touted to have a good season I'm sure Charlton are as well (Not so much since I think they sold there main man). This is a strong division as long as we keep digging in and helping each other out we should be fine imo!

I look at every team in this division and think we can beat them.

I also look at all but 1/2 teams in this division and think that it wouldn't surprise me if we dropped points to them. As is the competitive nature of this division. 

I think a lot of fans only share the first half of my view where as the second half adds a sense of realism to the view.

I think in away games performances are not important in the slightest. Only the result matters. Yeah it's nice to watch us play slick football and tear teams apart but if Hendrick had buried that far post volley with the net at his mercy and we'd saw out the game 1-0 then we really wouldn't have anything to moan about. 

I actually expected us to draw Saturday, as did most pundits I saw on twitter (the pundits who give their tips for betting etc). Wednesday are no rollovers and have strengthened since last season. I'm far more confident in beating Fulham at home than I was for the Wendies, they're a bunch of big ugly feckers who have some technical ability thrown in there. 

Archived