FL broadcasting initiative

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fans of AFC Bournemouth, Brighton & Hove Albion and Derby County will be among the first supporters to be offered the opportunity to watch coverage of their club playing away from home during midweek as part of a new broadcasting initiative by The Football League.

Following the installation of a fibre-optic network that will eventually link all club stadiums, matches can now be beamed back to grounds, live in HD, at a fraction of the previous cost. As a result, clubs may now enter into agreements that will enable the away club to broadcast the match for the benefit of its own fans.

Currently, this opportunity is open to clubs in the Championship with League 1 clubs being connected to the fibre-optic network during the course of the current season and League 2 clubs during 2015/16.

The first set of confirmed matches that will be broadcast (at the away club

Anyone remember the Coventry beamback where the camera was practically behind the corner flag. You could barely see Cov smashing in their 5 goals. Or was it 6?

Not sure about that one, but I remember Bradford away around 2001 when the link failed and was replaced by Radio Derby commentary instead - think it was the 4-4 draw when Burley missed a penalty for a hattrick of spot kicks?

Does this mean all our games will be broadcast fully so the highlights will show all the replays from different angles like all Premiership games are for MOTD?

Forest have a deal with Al Jazeera so all of their matches are broadcast for TV and they always seem to get full highlights on the FL Show rather than just the goals.  :mellow:

Does this mean all our games will be broadcast fully so the highlights will show all the replays from different angles like all Premiership games are for MOTD?

Forest have a deal with Al Jazeera so all of their matches are broadcast for TV and they always seem to get full highlights on the FL Show rather than just the goals.  :mellow:

I would give one of my balls to watch all of our games. I get to watch about 1 every 2 months over here.

Probably not a ball... Maybe a finger... Definitely a toe.

I would give one of my balls to watch all of our games. I get to watch about 1 every 2 months over here.

Probably not a ball... Maybe a finger... Definitely a toe.

I dont like doing it really but I think I am going to start watching the full 90 on rams player rather than just listen to audio.Its worth the wait imo for video of matches.

Archived