Ribery Retires From France

AmericanRam

http://m.goal.com/s/en-us/news/5032718?ICID=HP_BN_5

I am not a fan of France by any means but I do think he still had a lot to accomplish.Any other players ya'll can think of that retired prematurely from International play or perhaps football period when they were still in their prime?

Of course Landon Donovan is one for me that should not be retiring from football period.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://m.goal.com/s/en-us/news/5032718?ICID=HP_BN_5

I am not a fan of France by any means but I do think he still had a lot to accomplish.Any other players ya'll can think of that retired prematurely from International play or perhaps football period when they were still in their prime?

Of course Landon Donovan is one for me that should not be retiring from football period.

I understand he is retiring to become the new face for L'Oriel.

He's still no oil painting is he?

What is it with players having to retire from international football anyway?. It always comes across as just throwing the toys out of the pram. Just be available until they stop picking you. This is representing your country at the sport you're supposed to be passionate about FFS!

Jamie Carragher should have stayed on a bit due to his versatility I suppose but if a player says "don't pick me" then I wouldn't want them in the team anyway.

Playing for the national team can be a chore if you don't enjoy it.

Instead of being bad about it and flatly refusing to go, they may aswell just retire like Ribery has done in this case.

Whilst he's a fabulous player, it at least gives France the chance to build with their younger players like Griezmann.

Sometimes it is good for players to retire from their national teams to give younger countrymen a chance as Bris said.For instance I have always enjoyed watching Clint Dempsey,Jermaine Jones and others play for the U.S. but also realize it perhaps is time for them to hand the reigns to talented youngsters such as Julian Green,John Anthony Brooks,or Aron Johansson.

Archived