Martin?

DerbyLad

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he repeats the same form as last season (McCormack won't) he has to be worth 10 imo.

He's my favourite player in the team and I'm hoping he recommits his future before the end of the season. I remember McClaren mentioning in a Rams Player interview that there were a few more 'generous' renewal offers on the table that players haven't accepted yet.

Complements our passing play, and is always brilliantly placed in the box to balls being passed over, from either winger/midfielder. I personally dont think he would fit any other side better than he fits ours, it works perfectly for him to hold up the play, and bag 20+ a season.

Its amazing though isnt it. Last season, Hughes was the only "big money" kind of player we had. Now, the bulk of our team are prem-priced players! I will be surprised if we are not challenging this season. The fans, the squad. We deserve to be a prem side.

Just like I dont think really many other men could fit Martins position in the way he does. His positioning and holdup play is a rarity, and something that you wont find in many other players. He is a one of a kind player for our squad, and we are a one of a kind squad for him. They work harmoniously, that said, I would not blame him/the club for accepting a MASSIVE offer, Im talking 10+, but then again, he knows the club, the area, the game we like to play as a squad. Hes no mug, couldnt see him moving to a hoofball team as he isnt that type of a player.

Martin is a hell of a player and getting better. Its important that he too commits long term. I suspect he is being advised not to sign anything too quickly now he has had a good season. He is quite a rough player too isn't he. I think its great that we have a player who can dish it out a bit, all good teams need that 

Archived