Derby County v Rotherham United

Day

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't reckon so. I'd guess he'll play his first football at the iPro in a comfortable situation. We're all looking forward to seeing him but it must be quite a lot to take in for him. Bet he knows next to nothing about this league or even this club. Doesn't know the language or anything. Hope the fans give him plenty of time. Bueno didn't need long but some players do.

Hopefully he'll be a success and go back to Real Madrid singing "Since I was young".

I remember Bueno being surprised how the fans took to him because in his experience he has never been the main attraction. Same with this Omar. He was a tiny fish I assume to Real Madrid. He comes here from a club like that and people are expectant and excited.

I agree with all of that. Good synopsis.

So you'd start Calero cos he has scored a few goals against Belper and Mansfield?

Yes. He looks a good prospect but ease him in surely?

I wouldnt be at all suprised to see him against Carlisle on Monday night.

The fact that we are playing that game 48 hours later is quite ridiculous, but it is what it is.

If I was Stevie Mac I would rest every one for that game.

I don't care about the Carling cup. We arent going to win it. The league is everything.

Id play Roos, Freeman, Keogh (due to there being no one else) Buxton/Whitebread (depending on who plays tomorrow, id play the other Monday night if fit) Naylor, Mascarell, Bryson, Hughes, Bennett, Sammon and Best.

The carling cup doesnt matter.

My Starting Eleven to face Rotherham:

Grant

Christie

Whitbread

Keogh

Forsyth

Hendrick

Bryson

Hughes

Calero

Martin

Russell.

No need to risk Buxton and Calero had an outstanding pre season so deserves a chance.

why not ward? looked quality when he came on against rangers and is proven at this level

Hendrick, Hughes and Bryson on Saturday, rest one of them for Mascarell on Monday. We need to rest players against Carlisle, they will be knackered playing again just 2 days later, not to mention the difficulty of travelling all the way up to Carlisle which will take it out of the players.

Grant, Christie, Keogh, Forsyth, Naylor, Hughes, Hendrick, Bryson, Dawkins, Russell and Martin.

You heard it here first. 

Agard to terrorise Naylor throughout - match ends in a draw and this place goes into meltdown. 

:D

Bucko will start imo. Even if he has to be subbed later.

Hendrick, Hughes and Bryson on Saturday, rest one of them for Mascarell on Monday. We need to rest players against Carlisle, they will be knackered playing again just 2 days later, not to mention the difficulty of travelling all the way up to Carlisle which will take it out of the players.

i know sitting on a bus for a couple of hours can really drain the energy of these pros

i know sitting on a bus for a couple of hours can really drain the energy of these pros

It's more coming back from the game that'll tire them. Plus, sitting on your arse long enough, you're going to get lethargic and sluggish.

Been told that Bucko will be playing tomorrow.  :D

Grant

Christie

Keogh

Bucko

Fozzy

Hughes

Bryson

Hendrick

Russell

Martin

Dawkins

Subs Roos Naylor Best Eustace Whitbread Bennett Ward (Sammo missed out???) Or put him in for Bennett???? :huh::ph34r:

Been told that Bucko will be playing tomorrow.  :D

Grant

Christie

Keogh

Bucko

Fozzy

Hughes

Bryson

Hendrick

Russell

Martin

Dawkins

Subs Roos Naylor Best Eustace Whitbread Bennett Ward (Sammo missed out???) Or put him in for Bennett???? :huh::ph34r:

Think Naylor might be injured pal.

Archived