Derby County v Rotherham United

Day

If Ward, Russell and Dawkins had the end product we all talk about then Ward would have left 2/3 years ago and the other two would be in the PL too.

What wingers do have a consistent end product and the ball carrying ability? The best wide player for end product is probably Reid from a non relegated side. Snodgrass had an end product at Leeds. There's not many. Zaha? Nope. Ince? Nope

Who was the last winger at Derby with a consistent end product? Clue? He was playing Champions League football shortly after leaving us.

Alan hinton?

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anway back to brass tacks yesterday was ALWAYS going to be tough. We played a well drilled, big, phyical, hoofball side on an upwards curve. Two promotions in 2 years means they are used to winning. Ifwe had played Blackpool, Leeds, Fulham or Cardiff (teams on a downwards curve) we would have had a far more easy rideof it.

Never underestimate newbies. A few weeks down the line if they start to struggle that is the ideal time to be playing a club such as them. Brentford and Wolves would also have been v difficult matches.

Overall 3 points thanks very much, room for improvement, bring on the Owls.

Is that your thinking or did Mc say so ?

it's my thinking both Hendrick and Buxton have played at RB at times as back ups.

Lee Naylor who is a LB got injured in training so wasn't on the bench and as for Freeman I don't know his situation since he was sent back by Nigel .

Dawkins has laid on a lot of assists since he came (look at our record before he arrived, we weren't doing so well) also he has got in good positions and scored the odd few, thought he was generally playing superb till he got injured last season and then never really cemented a place after that as he had continuing niggles. But I think as a footballer he suits our style of play.

Certainly think him and Ward are good enough for a Championship squad, as is Russell, they all have good attributes as well as certain weaknesses, though suppose we all have our own favourites.

Generally our team and recent record is pretty impressive so don't think we need make too many changes on the back of one opening game.

Dawkins, Wigan away.

Sensational.

it's my thinking both Hendrick and Buxton have played at RB at times as back ups.

Lee Naylor who is a LB got injured in training so wasn't on the bench and as for Freeman I don't know his situation since he was sent back by Nigel .

I have sent an email to see why Keiron was not in the squad , will say If there is a reason .

Is it 6 or 7 subs we can have now or unrestricted? As might have just been there wasn't enough room for him. Hendrick has certainly played right back for a good part of one match a while ago, though cant remember which one it was.

I have sent an email to see why Keiron was not in the squad , will say If there is a reason .

might be to do with the fact we let 4 goals in against Mansfield in u21 pre season friendly game after being 3-0 up at half time and losing 4-3.

2nd half

Goalkeeper was Ross Etheridge

Defense was Hendrie RB Tom Naylor. Jamie Hanson CBs and Kieron Freeman at LB

Buxton just continues to improve!.. Judging by Simmo's comments pre game he wasn't 100%, but was still the best player on the park by a mile for me.

Christie was very good. Assured. Very strong, like Wisdom.

Everyone else was fairly average, but happy to see Keogh play decent though, one excellent goal saving interception.

Archived