What do you do for a living?

Srg

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not responsible for telling the planes what to do but responsible for checking flightplans, reporting weather, sorting out the background stuff that the controllers need.

Have you ever lost a plane? Is it like an easy thing to do? Just down the back of your desk or whatever.

Shift Manager at Fox's Biscuits, started as a machine operator then mixer, fork lift driver, Raw Materials bulk handling, Charge Hand, Supervisor...proper rags to riches!

First job on leaving school was Auctioneers Assistant for Bagshaws. Did the cattle markets at Utch, Bakewell, Derby and Leek and house clearances and farm sales on non-market days. 

Currently dcfcfans song technician (unpaid).

Regional sales and marketing manager for a well known (and respected!) educational publisher. Based in Turkey but work takes me around the middle east/north africa.

On a plane at least twice a week, sometimes a lot more - kills the romance of flying quite quickly.

The wife sees me more on skype than in the flesh.

Shift Manager at Fox's Biscuits, started as a machine operator then mixer, fork lift driver, Raw Materials bulk handling, Charge Hand, Supervisor...proper rags to riches!

First job on leaving school was Auctioneers Assistant for Bagshaws. Did the cattle markets at Utch, Bakewell, Derby and Leek and house clearances and farm sales on non-market days. 

Unpaid!!! That sir is a travesty.

Was a former Toyota employee for nearly 12 years.... Now train people at a Christmas pudding factory in Derbyshire...

I'm open to offers.... Honestly am

Matthew Walker?

Got laid off by those guys a decade or two ago.

I do a little teaching to University students in Japan but so much of my time is spent training individuals and attending meetings in various places. In the last three years, I've worked in Japan (my home), Korea, New Zealand, The US, Canada, The UK and more recently, Barbados.

I own and run my own school/s (in the middle of acquiring another) with language teaching being the focal point.

And I've just started an online import/export business dealing in the fashion industry.

I used to put marquees up for a few years and did plenty of work for Bagshaws when they were selling sheep in the peak district. 

Matthew Walker?

Got laid off by those guys a decade or two ago.

yep! Probably work with the same people you worked with.... Seems to be a lot there have been there since decimalisation

Archived