What do you do for a living?

Srg

Sorry if that has been done before... but still.

We all have perceptions of our fellow posters, for example, Tombo sits at home with pictures of Lou wondering what could be and possibly waits a few tables here and there in between looking at said pictures...

But my question to you all is what do you all do exactly for a living? Who has the craziest job here?

INB4 Boycie says he's Pun Daddy.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I work in Customer Technical Services for Molson Coors Brewery in Burton.

Basically, I take calls from people who own/work in pubs who have issues with how their beer is dispensing. I also organise the installations of new taps/bars and look after the Birmingham region which has 16 engineers on the road.

Pretty interesting for the most part... especially with big events/festivals/. For example, I organised the Cheltenham Gold Cup, Kings of Leon Tour, Molineux match day cover, Grand National (even got to go and see it for this!) etc.

Work in the fleet department at Balfour Beatty. I help the lads that you see digging the roads up get back into a van when they break down, have maintenance due etc

Which sounds perfectly tame when I lay it out like that, but in reality is about as relaxed as Wacky Races, it's bedlam here, pretty much all the time. Which is great cos the days go quick. 

Tough job but I sleep like a baby every night, apart from when we're trying to sign George Thorne!

I feel the bedlam. Having to keep Birmingham drunk on a day to day basis whilst having half the work force off with bad backs from lifting coolers!

Work with a lot of Brewers fans as well then?

I have a red dog and a Wolves fan sat right next to me here, who I go out of my way to terrorise on a daily basis. It's almost like one of my daily targets. 

Student as well. Year left of my course of Theology at the University of Nottingham.

Just starting a work placement doing fundraising and marketing for a charity...which is what I want to do when I finish.

But I also don't want to finish.

What you studying Tombo?

Told a wee porkie, because I've not started at uni yet. But I will be studying History in September.

At the moment I prefer the term "glorified schoolboy" to "student" to be perfectly honest with you  :lol:

Work in the office at Nursing home for deaf and blind people (work at nights) been there for 8 years so far. Back to work on 12th August 8pm-8am. 

:) 

Not really, wouldn't know a Brewers fan even if there was any. They all support them as second teams. Manager is Forest fan unfortunately. There's more Villa and Blues to be honest.

Not really, wouldn't know a Brewers fan even if there was any. They all support them as second teams. Manager is Forest fan unfortunately. There's more Villa and Blues to be honest.

So is mine. Feel your pain. Good for a wind up though. 

Archived