George Thorne

CumbrianRam

Can he not do anything right ?

the guy handed in 2 transfer requests just so he could join us, i think he is exited. Let's let him get on with his football

whooooooooooooa there, i wasn't criticising the lad, just thought after all the transfer malarkey he would be a bit more enthusiastic about finally joining us 

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's 21! Unless you're naturally enthusiastic you're probably not going to sound too excited at that age. His Twitter favourites show you his interests: girls that look like porceline dolls and Derby County.

I only realised yesterday how much he says "y'know" in interviews. Like record breaking amounts. Once you see it...

He's 21! Unless you're naturally enthusiastic you're probably not going to sound too excited at that age. His Twitter favourites show you his interests: girls that look like porceline dolls and Derby County.

I only realised yesterday how much he says "y'know" in interviews. Like record breaking amounts. Once you see it...

Im about the same age and if i signed for a club i put two transfer requests in to sign for, i would be bloody chuffed when it finally went through! But then again i probably would get distracted by these porceline dolls you speak of  :lol: 

He also touches his nose far too much aswell 

Listen to the Cyrus Christie interview and you will notice a recurring phrase.

Well since the club honoured their pledge to sign him, today i've done the decent - but expensive - thing and gone and bought me a season ticket.

whooooooooooooa there, i wasn't criticising the lad, just thought after all the transfer malarkey he would be a bit more enthusiastic about finally joining us 

In one of last season's programmes, Jamie Ward was asked in an interview who's the brightest member of our squad.

As I recall, he listed Hughes as the brightest, and Thorne as - well to put it bluntly - a bit dim.

To be honest, when I see him in interviews, I don't think he comes across as lacking enthusiasm, more that's he's just a bit slow, struggles to articulate himself and perhaps is a little camera shy too. 

Not to say that has any reflection on his footballing brain, which is clearly up there with the best in the league. 

Don't think he's slow or unenthusiastic.

The impression I get from him the most is incredibly chilled, the boy never gets excited about anything from what I've seen of him. My second impression of him is composed, and he's also at an age where he is thinks it's cool to be cool. The nose touching is nerves and insecurity, he's a young lad with a big spotlight on him.

His composure is his greatest asset I think. Debut, Forest, took it in his stride. He's a big game player and let's hope we have plenty of them in our future.

Ah come on!!!!!! Seriously!

Although you're not as bad as whoever pointed out Nigel Clough's "eerrrrrs" to me.

like Keogh with his 'yeah no obviously'. 

makes me laugh 

Archived