Goal targets for this season

Hans

Based on last season, I don't think it would be unreasonable to expect this from our players (Conservative estimates for goals in all competitions) :

Chris Martin- at least 15 goals, I wouldn't put it beyond him to score at least 20 again. And barring injury I'm pretty sure he will be our top scorer again this season.

Johnny Russell- at least 10 goals- after a solid season after joining from Dundee, the rule of 2 SPL goals= 1 championship goal was pretty much accurate for Russell. Expect him to cause havoc playing on the Right Wing this season. 10 goals should be pretty easy for Russell who should continue to improve on the 9 goals he scored for us last season.

Craig Bryson- at least 10 goals. 16 goals from midfield is a luxury for any team to boast. As Bryson goes into his peak these next two years, expect him to be just as consistent and dangerous on the goal (as his scoring record impressively demonstrates) as he was last season.

George Thorne- At least 5 goals- Being lauded as our most impressive signing in a few seasons, Thorne got 2 goals in 8 appearances last season with two absolute screamers. 5 goals seems like a reasonable target for this very capable and assured CDM.

Jeff Hendrick- At least 5 goals- I'm being really conservative here, Hendrick scored 4 goals last season, and many on this forum and fans alike seem to be expecting him to be an integral part of our squad this season. I expect him to improve further on his already very solid 2013/14 season. I wouldn't put it past him to score 8+ goals and possibly be a contender for player of the season.

Will Hughes- 5 goals- scored 4 last year, Hughes isn't expected to score heaps of goals. But expect him to prove he is a future international prospect this season with even more impressive performances, making is presence further known with his excellent skills which sometimes are so subtle, they don't get noticed. I also expect him to make some fine assists too.

Jamie Ward- 5 goals- He scored 7 last season. But I think a small minority of fans expect him to not be as good this season, 5 goals seems like a reasonable target for Ward,

Simon Dawkins- 4 goals

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on last season, I don't think it would be unreasonable to expect this from our players (Conservative estimates for goals in all competitions) :

Chris Martin- at least 15 goals, I wouldn't put it beyond him to score at least 20 again. And barring injury I'm pretty sure he will be our top scorer again this season.

Johnny Russell- at least 10 goals- after a solid season after joining from Dundee, the rule of 2 SPL goals= 1 championship goal was pretty much accurate for Russell. Expect him to cause havoc playing on the Right Wing this season. 10 goals should be pretty easy for Russell who should continue to improve on the 9 goals he scored for us last season.

Craig Bryson- at least 10 goals. 16 goals from midfield is a luxury for any team to boast. As Bryson goes into his peak these next two years, expect him to be just as consistent and dangerous on the goal (as his scoring record impressively demonstrates) as he was last season.

-

George Thorne- At least 5 goals- Being lauded as our most impressive signing in a few seasons, Thorne got 2 goals in 8 appearances last season with two absolute screamers. 5 goals seems like a reasonable target for this very capable and assured CDM.

Jeff Hendrick- At least 5 goals- I'm being really conservative here, Hendrick scored 4 goals last season, and many on this forum and fans alike seem to be expecting him to be an integral part of our squad this season. I expect him to improve further on his already very solid 2013/14 season. I wouldn't put it past him to score 8+ goals and possibly be a contender for player of the season.

Will Hughes- 5 goals- scored 4 last year, Hughes isn't expected to score heaps of goals. But expect him to prove he is a future international prospect this season with even more impressive performances, making is presence further known with his excellent skills which sometimes are so subtle, they don't get noticed. I also expect him to make some fine assists too.

Jamie Ward- 5 goals- He scored 7 last season. But I think a small minority of fans expect him to not be as good this season, 5 goals seems like a reasonable target for Ward,

Simon Dawkins- 4 goals

That all equals 69 goals. Gonna need a few more from elsewhere. Where are they going to come from?

That all equals 69 goals. Gonna need a few more from elsewhere. Where are they going to come from?

Like I said, conservative estimate. Most players last season scored at least one goal. Plus Bamford scored 9, and we haven't replaced him yet.

Simon Dawkins- 4 goals

Agree with this, but think you might have underestimated Dawkins - given enough game time

he'll double that easily.

Archived