your first game

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby County 1 v 1 Newcastle United, 04 March 1978

http://www.11v11.com/matches/derby-county-v-newcastle-united-04-march-1978-84256/

slightly off topic but this Is a top website all the dcfc results from history with nearly all the team lines and scorers.

http://www.11v11.com/teams/derby-county/tab/opposingTeams

including this very local Derby!!! in the fa cup 

http://www.11v11.com/matches/derby-county-v-derby-junction-02-february-1889-205159/

"THERES ONLY ONE ALEXANDER F HIGGINGS,  ONE ALEXANDER F HIGGINGS"

Coventry away : Tuesday 21st Nov 1978 : Lost 4 - 2

I went to 8 games as a young kid before I saw Derby win !!!  ( although I did see us win a few fights vs Chelsea at home 29/1/83, but as usual for me lose the game )

First time at the BBG was Easter Monday 1963 with the Rams playing Middlesborough. I was 10 years old and I was with my Dad, Uncle Kevin and brother, who was aged 8.

We stood in the Osmaston Paddock side, next to the players tunnel.

The Rams were losing 3-1 with 85 minutes gone, but we scored 2 goals in the last 5 minutes to draw 3-3. The crowd - I don't know what the attendance was but it was huge for a 9 year old, went wild and I can remember everyone laughing and shouting as we walked away down Cambridge Street.

I was hooked for life !!!

Hi new to the forum, my first game was October 23rd against Arsenal at Baseball ground we won 2-1 with goals from O'Hare & Hinton(pen) from that day I was hooked on Derby County seen most home matches in that championship season.

Also against Arsenal. November, 1972 . I was seven. We beat them 5-0. Four in the first half at the Normo end (where we were sat!) . Mcfarland, McGovern, Hinton and Hector...then Davies right at the start of the 2nd half.  

I can remember the crowd chanting 'We want Six!' (Greedy buggers).  

And the next day, it was on Star Soccer. What a perfect weekend !

1966, Kevin Hector's debut. Alan Durban scored hat-trick, but thought King Kev was the best player I had ever seen. Viewed from the kids enclosure, but soon made the transition to the pop-side.

Derby 2 Preston 2 - F A Cup 3rd round (10th January 1959, so the records say) at the old BBG.

My dear old Dad took me and we stood on the old Pop Side towards the Ozzie End. I can still picture the likes of Tommy Powell, Jack Parry and  Geoff Barrowcliffe.  Preston were a top First Division Team at the time (we were second division) and I think Tom Finney may have played for Preston. Was hooked from that day on.

Also never forget there was about 6" of snow on the Terraces and Pitch with just the lines cleared. Would never have been played these days !!

Think there is actually a black and white picture taken from that match hanging up at the iPro.

My Dad took me to my first game - the Plymouth cup game in, I think '82. I was ten

The queue for the popside had reached right round to the B Stand by the time we got there, so we went round to the Ossie end and went through the away turnstiles which to the annoyance of my tight fisted dad, cost

Derby 3 Watford 2

15 May 1982

Kevin Hector's last game for Derby. He scored the winner.

Remember the two keepers were Yaka Banovic for us and Steve Sherwood for them, who wore a red kit. I remember that because it felt like it was illegal for keepers to wear anything but green shirts.

23rd October 1974

UEFA Cup Derby County 2 Altetico Madrid 2 attendance 29,350

Remember Colin Boulton being booked for kicking the ball out of the ground after conceding a dubious penalty cannot remember anything else from the game. Sat in the Normanton Upper

Archived